- 300 grams (9½oz) kale (see tips)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 500 grams (1lb) minced (ground) turkey
- 1 medium (120g) carrot, grated finely
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/4 cup (70g) tomato paste
- 400 grams (12½oz) can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup (75g) grated mozzarella
Cottage cheese sauce
- 750 grams (1½lb) cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
- 1 egg
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F. Lightly grease a 2.5-litre (10-cup) ovenproof dish.
- 2Separate the kale leaves and stems; finely chop the stems, reserve leaves. Heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over high heat. Cook the kale stems, turkey, onion, carrot, garlic and rosemary, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon, for 10 minutes or until browned. Add the paste and diced tomatoes; cook, stirring, or 2 minutes. Season to taste.
- 3Meanwhile, drop the kale leaves into a large saucepan of boiling water for 30 seconds; drain. Refresh in a bowl of iced water or under cold water; drain well. Place in a clean tea towel and gently squeeze to remove any excess liquid.
- 4Meanehile, to make cottage cheese sauce, whisk all ingredients
in a large bowl until combined; season.
- 5Place half the kale leaves across the base of the dish in one layer. Top with half the turkey mixture and half the cottage cheese sauce. Repeat layers. Sprinkle top with mozzarella.
- 6Bake lasagne for 40 minutes or until top is golden. Stand for 10 minutes before serving.
You will need one bunch of kale for this recipe. You can assemble the lasagne several hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate until ready to cook. Add about 10 minutes to the cooking time if baking from cold.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate fig panforteToday 1:18am
- Coconut sago puddingsToday 12:50am
- White christmas rocky roadToday 12:28am
- Coriander, lemon and chilli hummusToday 12:20am
- Thai green chicken curryYesterday 1:04am
- Coconut jam dropsNov 17, 2019
- Raspberry gelatoNov 17, 2019
- Rosé sangriaNov 17, 2019
- Bordelaise sauceNov 17, 2019
- Corned beef with mustard sauceNov 17, 2019
- The perfect potato chipNov 17, 2019
- Perfect potato saladNov 15, 2019
- 13 outstanding Christmas dessertsNov 14, 2019
- Banoffee pieNov 14, 2019
- Classic Christmas trifleNov 14, 2019
- 24 last-minute dinner recipes for entertainingNov 14, 2019