- 300 grams (9½oz) kale (see tips)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 500 grams (1lb) minced (ground) turkey
- 1 medium (120g) carrot, grated finely
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/4 cup (70g) tomato paste
- 400 grams (12½oz) can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup (75g) grated mozzarella
Cottage cheese sauce
- 750 grams (1½lb) cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
- 1 egg
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F. Lightly grease a 2.5-litre (10-cup) ovenproof dish.
- 2Separate the kale leaves and stems; finely chop the stems, reserve leaves. Heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over high heat. Cook the kale stems, turkey, onion, carrot, garlic and rosemary, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon, for 10 minutes or until browned. Add the paste and diced tomatoes; cook, stirring, or 2 minutes. Season to taste.
- 3Meanwhile, drop the kale leaves into a large saucepan of boiling water for 30 seconds; drain. Refresh in a bowl of iced water or under cold water; drain well. Place in a clean tea towel and gently squeeze to remove any excess liquid.
- 4Meanehile, to make cottage cheese sauce, whisk all ingredients
in a large bowl until combined; season.
- 5Place half the kale leaves across the base of the dish in one layer. Top with half the turkey mixture and half the cottage cheese sauce. Repeat layers. Sprinkle top with mozzarella.
- 6Bake lasagne for 40 minutes or until top is golden. Stand for 10 minutes before serving.
You will need one bunch of kale for this recipe. You can assemble the lasagne several hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate until ready to cook. Add about 10 minutes to the cooking time if baking from cold.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Cream-free spaghetti carbonaraMar 14, 2019
- Goan fish curry with low-carb cauliflower riceMar 13, 2019
- Mega mushroom burgersMar 13, 2019
- Low-carb turkey and kale lasagneMar 13, 2019
- Spinach and ricotta-stuffed chicken parmigianaMar 11, 2019
- Fennel, lemon, pea & prawn risottoMar 11, 2019
- Sweet potato pizza with fig and pancettaMar 11, 2019
- Lamington popsMar 06, 2019
- Can you eat meat on Ash Wednesday?Mar 05, 2019
- Whole cauliflower with creme fraiche dressingMar 04, 2019
- Subscribe to Women's Weekly FOODMar 02, 2019
- Tomato cheesecakes with green olivesFeb 28, 2019
- Prawn and vegetable japanese hash brownsFeb 28, 2019
- Kale pizza with smoked salmon and avocadoFeb 28, 2019