- 300 grams (9½oz) kale (see tips)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 500 grams (1lb) minced (ground) turkey
- 1 medium (120g) carrot, grated finely
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/4 cup (70g) tomato paste
- 400 grams (12½oz) can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup (75g) grated mozzarella
Cottage cheese sauce
- 750 grams (1½lb) cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
- 1 egg
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F. Lightly grease a 2.5-litre (10-cup) ovenproof dish.
- 2Separate the kale leaves and stems; finely chop the stems, reserve leaves. Heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over high heat. Cook the kale stems, turkey, onion, carrot, garlic and rosemary, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon, for 10 minutes or until browned. Add the paste and diced tomatoes; cook, stirring, or 2 minutes. Season to taste.
- 3Meanwhile, drop the kale leaves into a large saucepan of boiling water for 30 seconds; drain. Refresh in a bowl of iced water or under cold water; drain well. Place in a clean tea towel and gently squeeze to remove any excess liquid.
- 4Meanehile, to make cottage cheese sauce, whisk all ingredients
in a large bowl until combined; season.
- 5Place half the kale leaves across the base of the dish in one layer. Top with half the turkey mixture and half the cottage cheese sauce. Repeat layers. Sprinkle top with mozzarella.
- 6Bake lasagne for 40 minutes or until top is golden. Stand for 10 minutes before serving.
You will need one bunch of kale for this recipe. You can assemble the lasagne several hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate until ready to cook. Add about 10 minutes to the cooking time if baking from cold.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Chilli con carneYesterday 1:15am
- What's in season in January?Jan 20, 2020
- Chilli con capsicumJan 19, 2020
- Gai lan and mushroom five-spice stir-fryJan 19, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJan 16, 2020
- Bourbon & molasses barbecue sauceJan 16, 2020
- Ricotta cheesecake with mangoJan 16, 2020
- Passionfruit cheesecake sliceJan 15, 2020
- Crab and zucchini spaghettiJan 15, 2020
- Prawn cocktail platterJan 15, 2020
- Quick three-cheese frittataJan 15, 2020
- Paprika chicken with chilli sauceJan 15, 2020
- Chicken skewers with green olive dressingJan 15, 2020