- 500 gram minced turkey
- 1 red onion, chopped finely
- 1/3 cup (35g) packaged breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh coriander stems, reserve leaves
- 2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 cup (300g) mild satay sauce
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) canned coconut cream
- 2/3 cup firmly packed fresh coriander leaves
- 2 bananas, sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup (25g) desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup (35g) whole roasted unsalted peanuts
- 4 naan breads
- 1Combine turkey, onion, breadcrumbs, coriander stems and ginger in a large bowl. Season.
- 2With damp hands, roll the turkey mixture into 12 x 7cm sausage shapes. Place kofta on a baking-paper-lined baking tray. Cover; refrigerate 10 minutes.
- 3Heat oil in a deep, large frying pan; cook koftas, over medium heat, until browned all over.
- 4Add sauce and coconut cream to same pan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, about 8 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Add koftas and half the coriander. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, about 5 minutes or until koftas are cooked through.
- 5Meanwhile, toss banana and coconut in a medium bowl.
- 6Serve koftas topped with peanuts and remaining coriander. Serve with coconut banana and naan bread.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeToday 3:00am
- 40 cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- 20 of our tastiest savoury tartsYesterday 2:00pm
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingYesterday 2:00pm
- 40 warming sweet and savoury recipes for your pressure cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- Make these beef taco pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Make butter chicken roti pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Custard tartJul 22, 2021
- 20 beautiful bundt cakesJul 22, 2021
- How to make custard tarts in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make apple pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make Aussie meat pies in the pie makerJul 22, 2021