Mixed herb turkey breast roll
- 1.4 kilogram turkey breast fillet, skin on
- 1 cup loosely packed basil, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup loosely packed flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon extra
- mixed salad, to serve
- lemon wedges, to serve
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup extra-light olive oil
- 3 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
Mixed herb turkey breast roll with lemon mayonnaise
- 1Preheat oven to 180ºC (160ºC fan-forced). Place a wire rack in an ovenproof dish.
- 2Place turkey, breast skin-side down, on a work surface. Using a sharp knife, cut horizontally into side of turkey, not all the way through,to open out and sit flat (butterfly).
- 3Combine basil, parsley, mint, garlic, zest and oil in a bowl. Spread over turkey. Roll up turkey to form a log; secure with kitchen string.
- 4Place turkey on prepared rack. Drizzle with extra oil. Roast, basting occasionally with any pan juices, for 1 hour 10 minutes or until juices run clear when turkey is pierced. Cover with foil; rest for 15 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, make mayonnaise: Place egg yolk, juice and mustard in a small food processor; process until combined.With motor operating, gradually add oil in a thin, steady stream until mixture thickens.Transfer to a bowl. Stir in zest. Season.
- 6Slice turkey. Serve with mayonnaise, mixed salad and lemon wedges.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpToday 1:00pm
- French toastToday 1:00pm
- Honey joysToday 1:00pm
- Best burger recipesToday 4:33am
- Butter chickenYesterday 4:00pm
- Vanilla sliceYesterday 1:00pm
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiYesterday 1:00pm
- Pho boYesterday 1:00am
- Pickled baby beetrootOct 13, 2019
- Beef stroganoffOct 13, 2019
- Vietnamese meatball and lettuce wrapOct 13, 2019
- Strawberry jelly sliceOct 13, 2019
- Melting momentsOct 10, 2019
- Lamb souvlakiOct 10, 2019
- Pumpkin pieOct 09, 2019