- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 400g cans cannellini or butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 180g tuna steaks
- 1/4 cup (60g) olive tapenade
- 60 gram butter
- 250 gram cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 500 gram cavalo nero (tuscan cabbage), washed and cut in 3cm slices
- 1Place 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the garlic in a large microwave-proof dish. Cook on high for 1 1/2 minutes or until the garlic softens, stirring halfway. Add beans and cook on high for 1 minute or until just warm. Mash until smooth; you may need to add 1-2 tablespoons of water if the mixture is dry.
- 2Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the tuna steaks and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side for rare, or until cooked to your liking. Remove from pan, cover and keep warm.
- 3Reduce heat to medium-low and add olive tapenade, butter and tomatoes to the same frying pan. Stir until butter melts and tomatoes soften slightly. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 4Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add cavalo nero and toss for 4 minutes or until wilted and tender. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 5Serve the tuna steaks with the olive and tomato butter, cavalo nero and white bean mash.
Not suitable to freeze. Cavalo nero suitable to microwave. This recipe is also delicious with white fish, chicken breast or thin steaks. You can use black or green tapenade or substitute good quality basil or rocket pesto. Cavalo nero doesn't lose volume like spinach or silverbeet, though either of these can be substituted if cavalo nero is not available. For an ultra smooth white bean mash, use a food processor to puree the ingredients.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Winter vegie bowlYesterday 2:53am
- Spicy zucchini and ricotta pasta shellsYesterday 1:35am
- Cauliflower recipesJul 05, 2020
- Silverside frittersJul 05, 2020
- 10 meals that are quick, easy and healthyJul 05, 2020
- Perfect pumpkin recipesJul 05, 2020
- Pumpkin pieJul 05, 2020
- Double chocolate brownie cookiesJul 03, 2020
- Osso buco with gremolataJul 02, 2020
- Quince galetteJul 02, 2020
- Easy rissole recipesJul 02, 2020
- Silverbeet and ricotta dumplingsJul 02, 2020
- Pear & ginger upside-down cakeJul 02, 2020
- Coffee & cardamon brisketJul 02, 2020
- Rocky roadJul 02, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJul 02, 2020