Tuna potato cakes
- 750 gram large floury potatoes, peeled
- 185 gram can tuna in olive oil, drained, flaked
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup vegetable or olive oil
- 200 gram greek-style natural yoghurt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- mixed salad and lemon wedges, to serve
Tuna potato cakes
- 1Grate potatoes coarsely into a large bowl. Squeeze out excess liquid. Add tuna, egg, parsley and flour, mix well to combine. Season.
- 2Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over moderately high heat. For each patty, shape 1/2 cup of tuna mixture into a round. Flatten slightly to make 10cm rounds.
- 3Cook, in batches, 3-4 minutes each side, or until golden brown and cooked. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Top up and reheat oil between batches.
- 4Whisk yoghurt and garlic in a small bowl until combined. Season.
- 5Serve cakes with salad, lemon wedges and yoghurt sauce, if you like.
You could add a finely chopped fresh long red chilli to yoghurt for a little heat, if preferred.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tuna mornayToday 12:00am
- Flourless cakesYesterday 11:39pm
- White sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Dinner date recipes to impressYesterday 5:50am
- The big chocolate cookieYesterday 5:26am
- Princess-themed birthday cakesYesterday 3:28am
- 100 years of Australian dinnersYesterday 1:19am
- Vietnamese lemongrass chicken bowlMar 30, 2020
- Coconut dessert recipesMar 30, 2020
- Fast dessertsMar 30, 2020
- Lebanese recipesMar 30, 2020
- Cheesy tuna pasta bakeMar 30, 2020
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeMar 30, 2020
- Quick versions of your favourite dessert recipesMar 30, 2020
- Quick and easy plum tartMar 30, 2020
- 20 easy vegetarian curry recipesMar 29, 2020