Tuna potato cakes
- 750 gram large floury potatoes, peeled
- 185 gram can tuna in olive oil, drained, flaked
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup vegetable or olive oil
- 200 gram greek-style natural yoghurt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- mixed salad and lemon wedges, to serve
Tuna potato cakes
- 1Grate potatoes coarsely into a large bowl. Squeeze out excess liquid. Add tuna, egg, parsley and flour, mix well to combine. Season.
- 2Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over moderately high heat. For each patty, shape 1/2 cup of tuna mixture into a round. Flatten slightly to make 10cm rounds.
- 3Cook, in batches, 3-4 minutes each side, or until golden brown and cooked. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Top up and reheat oil between batches.
- 4Whisk yoghurt and garlic in a small bowl until combined. Season.
- 5Serve cakes with salad, lemon wedges and yoghurt sauce, if you like.
You could add a finely chopped fresh long red chilli to yoghurt for a little heat, if preferred.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Savoury mince pieYesterday 2:00pm
- 26 really good rhubarb recipesYesterday 5:10am
- Traditional minestroneJul 13, 2020
- 19 delicious dinners using turkey minceJul 13, 2020
- 18 beautiful baked salmon recipesJul 13, 2020
- 19 homemade muesli bars and snack barsJul 13, 2020
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotJul 13, 2020
- Slow-cooker dessert recipesJul 13, 2020
- Fennel recipesJul 13, 2020
- Tuna mornayJul 13, 2020
- Healthy recipes with mince for dinnerJul 12, 2020
- How to cook corned beef in a pressure cookerJul 12, 2020
- Homemade muesli barsJul 12, 2020
- Creative cabbage recipesJul 12, 2020
- Couscous, red cabbage and walnut saladJul 12, 2020
- Mixed mushroom stroganoffJul 12, 2020