Traditional Hawaiian poke specifically refers to fresh fish served raw with a variety of condiments. Since the increased popularity of poke, most recipes also include delicious sides like rice, edamame, seaweed, and vegetables and even alternative proteins like cooked chicken or fried tofu.
- 250 grams packet microwave brown rice
- 1/3 cup (80ml) tamari
- 1/3 cup (80ml) lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- pinch chilli flakes
- 6 radishes (210g)
- 150 grams (5oz) sashimi-grade tuna, diced
- 1 sheet toasted seaweed (nori), shredded
- 1 lebanese cucumber (170g), sliced thinly
- 1 medium avocado (250g), sliced thinly
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds, toasted
- 1Heat microwave brown rice following packet directions. Combine tamari, lime juice, oil, ginger, sesame oil, garlic and chilli flakes; add to rice. Divide rice mixture between two small bowls.
- 2Thinly slice half the radishes into rounds; julienne the remaining half.
- 3Top each bowl with half the tuna, radish, seaweed, cucumber and avocado. Sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.
Serve with tamari sauce mixed with chilli flakes or finely chopped fresh red chilli.
- Use the same weight of sashimi-grade salmon or kingfish instead of tuna, if preferred.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsToday 8:00pm
- Lamington popsToday 1:00pm
- Green minestrone with pestoYesterday 1:00pm
- "Eat your greens" chicken saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Roast pumpkin dip with spiced chickpeasYesterday 1:00pm
- Paper cup popsiclesYesterday 1:00pm
- Grilled cajun fish burgers with hot coriander sauceYesterday 12:46am
- Pimm's punchJan 22, 2020
- Vegetable and ginger soba noodle saladJan 21, 2020
- Chilli con carneJan 21, 2020
- What's in season in January?Jan 20, 2020
- Chilli con capsicumJan 19, 2020
- Gai lan and mushroom five-spice stir-fryJan 19, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJan 16, 2020
- Bourbon & molasses barbecue sauceJan 16, 2020