- 250 grams packet microwave brown rice
- 1/3 cup (80ml) tamari
- 1/3 cup (80ml) lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- pinch chilli flakes
- 6 radishes (210g)
- 150 grams (5oz) sashimi-grade tuna, diced
- 1 sheet toasted seaweed (nori), shredded
- 1 lebanese cucumber (170g), sliced thinly
- 1 medium avocado (250g), sliced thinly
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds, toasted
- 1Heat microwave brown rice following packet directions. Combine tamari, lime juice, oil, ginger, sesame oil, garlic and chilli flakes; add to rice. Divide rice mixture between two small bowls.
- 2Thinly slice half the radishes into rounds; julienne the remaining half.
- 3Top each bowl with half the tuna, radish, seaweed, cucumber and avocado. Sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.
Serve with tamari sauce mixed with chilli flakes or finely chopped fresh red chilli.
- Use the same weight of sashimi-grade salmon or kingfish instead of tuna, if preferred.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nectarine and almond tartFeb 21, 2019
- Sugar-free chocolate cakeFeb 20, 2019
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Gluten-free hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Best ever choc-chip hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Chorizo and capscium savoury bread puddingFeb 13, 2019
- Caramel cheesecake sliceFeb 13, 2019
- Delicious recipes to back up your gut healthFeb 13, 2019
- Valentine's Day dinners worth staying in forFeb 12, 2019
- Turmeric dosa with green chilli potatoesFeb 10, 2019
- Healthy steamed fish and vegetable parcelsFeb 10, 2019
- Vegan tiramisuFeb 10, 2019
- Indian-style gnocchi with green veg masalaFeb 10, 2019
- Grain-free coconut granolaFeb 10, 2019
- Banana, coconut & rosemary nice-creamFeb 10, 2019