Traditional Hawaiian poke specifically refers to fresh fish served raw with a variety of condiments. Since the increased popularity of poke, most recipes also include delicious sides like rice, edamame, seaweed, and vegetables and even alternative proteins like cooked chicken or fried tofu.
- 250 grams packet microwave brown rice
- 1/3 cup (80ml) tamari
- 1/3 cup (80ml) lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- pinch chilli flakes
- 6 radishes (210g)
- 150 grams (5oz) sashimi-grade tuna, diced
- 1 sheet toasted seaweed (nori), shredded
- 1 lebanese cucumber (170g), sliced thinly
- 1 medium avocado (250g), sliced thinly
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds, toasted
- 1Heat microwave brown rice following packet directions. Combine tamari, lime juice, oil, ginger, sesame oil, garlic and chilli flakes; add to rice. Divide rice mixture between two small bowls.
- 2Thinly slice half the radishes into rounds; julienne the remaining half.
- 3Top each bowl with half the tuna, radish, seaweed, cucumber and avocado. Sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.
Serve with tamari sauce mixed with chilli flakes or finely chopped fresh red chilli.
- Use the same weight of sashimi-grade salmon or kingfish instead of tuna, if preferred.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Santa Claus Christmas ice-cream cakeToday 4:33am
- Nutty choc-chip boiled fruit cakesToday 12:51am
- Rum and raisin shortbreadToday 12:48am
- Rice-cooker bibimbapToday 12:29am
- Our best banana breadYesterday 11:00pm
- Coffee wreath (with chocolate sauce)Yesterday 1:00pm
- 25 rice salad recipes for healthy lunchesYesterday 1:00pm
- Aussie meat piesYesterday 1:00pm
- Melt-in-the-mouth eggnog shortbreadsYesterday 1:00pm
- Everything you need to know about the Air FryerYesterday 1:00pm
- Teriyaki poke bowlsYesterday 1:00pm
- 10 Christmas recipes that will surprise your guestsYesterday 1:00pm
- Rudolph the reindeer cookiesYesterday 1:00pm
- 14 sensational Christmas shortbread variationsYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make Aussie meat pies in the pie makerYesterday 1:00pm