- 1 1/4 cup long-grain rice
- 30 gram butter
- 1 finely chopped red onion
- 2 piece, grated ginger
- 2 teaspoon curry powder
- 425 gram can, drained, flaked tuna
- 1 seeded, sliced red capsicum
- 2 tablespoon lime juice, plus wedges to serve
- 4 hard-boiled, peeled, quartered (see note) eggs
- natural yoghurt, sliced cucumber, sliced red chilli, to serve
- 1Cook rice in a large saucepan following packet instructions. Drain well and cool.
- 2In a large saucepan, melt butter on medium. Sauté onion 4-5 minutes, until tender. Add ginger and curry powder. Cook 1-2 minutes, stirring, until fragrant.
- 3Mix in rice and cook, stirring, 1 minute, coating well in spice mixture. Remove from heat.
- 4Stir tuna, capsicum and juice through. Season to taste. Serve topped with egg, yoghurt, cucumber and chilli.
For hard-boiled eggs, place cold eggs in a saucepan of cold water. Bring to the boil on medium, then simmer 4-5 minutes. Cool under cold, running water. Peel and quarter. These are delicious in burgers.