Tuna and corn bake
- 200 gram rigatoni pasta
- 45 gram butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoon plain flour
- 2 1/2 cup (625ml) hot milk
- 1 1/2 cup (180g) coarsely grated cheddar
- 420 gram canned corn kernels, rinsed, drained
- 425 gram canned tuna in springwater, drained, flaked
- 1 cup (120g) frozen peas
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
Tuna and corn bake
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C.
- 2Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water until tender. Drain.
- 3Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add flour and stir over heat for 1 minute or until mixture bubbles and thickens. Gradually stir in milk. Continue to stir over heat until sauce boils and thickens. Stir in pasta, ⅓ cup of the cheese, corn, tuna, peas, onion, parsley and juice. Season to taste.
- 4Spoon mixture into a 2-litre (8-cup) ovenproof dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until browned lightly.
Add another ½ cup milk if making several hours ahead, as the sauce will thicken on standing. From cold, bake, covered, at 200°C/400°F for 30 minutes or until heated through then uncover and bake for a further 10 minutes or until browned.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salad of roasted beetroot with goat's cheese and walnutsYesterday 2:00pm
- Iced vovosYesterday 2:00pm
- Salmon pattiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Picnic food ideasYesterday 1:58am
- Sri Lankan potato and pea curryYesterday 1:36am
- Japanese katsu chicken curryYesterday 1:24am
- Southern fried chickenSep 15, 2021
- 27 simple risottosSep 15, 2021
- 46 perfect pea recipesSep 15, 2021
- Karaage chicken with Sriracha mayonnaiseSep 15, 2021
- Marble cakeSep 15, 2021
- Fish fingers with mushy peasSep 15, 2021
- 24 amazing ways to use the humble onionSep 14, 2021
- 32 wonderful ways with cornSep 14, 2021
- Monte Carlo biscuitsSep 14, 2021