Triple chocolate mousse
- 75 gram dark eating chocolate (70 per cent cocoa), chopped finely
- 100 gram milk eating chocolate, chopped finely
- 120 gram white eating chocolate, chopped finely
- 1 2/3 cup (400ml) thickened cream
- 30 gram unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- 200 gram dark eating chocolate, melted, extra
Triple chocolate mousse
- 1Place each chocolate in separate medium heatproof bowls; add 1/3 cup of cream to the dark chocolate and 2 tablespoons of cream each to the milk and white chocolates.
- 2Place the bowl with dark chocolate over a saucepan of simmering water. Make sure the bowl fits snugly into the saucepan, but at the same time, the bowl should not touch the water. Stir frequently, until the chocolate and cream have melted and combined well. Remove the bowl from the pan; stir in 10g butter. Repeat with milk chocolate mixture, white chocolate mixture and remaining butter.
- 3Beat whole eggs and sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer for about 5 minutes or until pale and thick. Divide egg mixture among the bowls of warm chocolate, then use a metal spoon to fold the egg mixture into each chocolate mixture.
- 4Beat the remaining cream in a small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form; divide cream among bowls of chocolate mixture, fold until just combined.
- 5Divide dark chocolate mousse among 6 glasses (¾-cup/180ml capacity); smooth top. Top with white chocolate mousse and then milk chocolate mousse. Cover with plastic wrap, refrigerate for several hours or until firm. Remove from refrigerator 10 minutes before serving.
- 6Meanwhile, spread extra melted dark chocolate onto clean smooth surface; allow to set at room temperature. Make chocolate curls by running a cheese slice along surface of chocolate.
- 7Top mousses with chocolate curls.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeToday 3:00am
- 40 cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- 20 of our tastiest savoury tartsYesterday 2:00pm
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingYesterday 2:00pm
- 40 warming sweet and savoury recipes for your pressure cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- Make these beef taco pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Make butter chicken roti pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Custard tartJul 22, 2021
- 20 beautiful bundt cakesJul 22, 2021
- How to make custard tarts in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make apple pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make Aussie meat pies in the pie makerJul 22, 2021