- 2 cup (300g) self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup (50g) custard power
- 2 cup (440g) caster sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 125 gram unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cup (320g) pure icing sugar
- raspberry lollies, to decorate
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan) and butter a 32x22x5cm baking tray.
- 2Combine flour, custard powder, sugar, milk, eggs, vanilla and salt in a bowl. Pour melted butter over top and beat well for 3 minutes. Pour mixture into prepared baking tray and bake 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack in tray.
- 3To make icing: Combine icing sugar with enough water to make a spreadable consistency. Use a spoon or spatula to spread icing over to of cake. Decorate with lollies. To serve, cut into squares.
Makes 20 squares.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021