- 4 egg-whites
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300 millilitre carton cream, whipped
- 3 bananas, peeled, sliced
- 250 gram punnet strawberries, hulled, quartered
- 2 kiwi fruit, peeled, sliced
- 4 passionfruit, pulp
- 1Preheat oven to 150°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 2In a large, clean bowl, using an electric mixer, beat egg-whites until soft peaks form.
- 3Gradually add sugar, one tablespoon at a time, beating until sugar dissolves and foam is stiff, thick and glossy. Beat in cornflour, lemon juice and vanilla.
- 4Spoon mixture onto prepared tray to form a 20cm round, with a slight recess in the middle.
- 5Bake for 20 minutes. Reduce oven to 120°C, and bake for further 45 minutes. Allow to cool in turned off oven, with the door ajar, to fully dry out.
- 6To serve, spread with cream. Top with bananas, strawberries and kiwi fruit and drizzle with passionfruit.
It is important to use clean bowls and beaters to achieve maximum egg-white volume. Use other fruit of choice. Drizzle with melted chocolate if you like.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 46 creative ways with carrotsAug 11, 2022
- Mushroom soupAug 11, 2022
- Gluten free shortcrust pastryAug 10, 2022
- Gluten-free chocolate and almond biscuitsAug 10, 2022
- Air fryer potato gratinAug 10, 2022
- Gluten free cornflake and honey sconesAug 10, 2022
- Italian meatballsAug 10, 2022
- How to sterilise and seal glass jarsAug 10, 2022
- Cumquat ginger marmaladeAug 10, 2022
- 4-ingredient triple choc browniesAug 09, 2022
- 46 sweet slice recipesAug 09, 2022
- How to cook pastaAug 08, 2022
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaAug 08, 2022