- 4 egg-whites
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300 millilitre carton cream, whipped
- 3 bananas, peeled, sliced
- 250 gram punnet strawberries, hulled, quartered
- 2 kiwi fruit, peeled, sliced
- 4 passionfruit, pulp
- 1Preheat oven to 150°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 2In a large, clean bowl, using an electric mixer, beat egg-whites until soft peaks form.
- 3Gradually add sugar, one tablespoon at a time, beating until sugar dissolves and foam is stiff, thick and glossy. Beat in cornflour, lemon juice and vanilla.
- 4Spoon mixture onto prepared tray to form a 20cm round, with a slight recess in the middle.
- 5Bake for 20 minutes. Reduce oven to 120°C, and bake for further 45 minutes. Allow to cool in turned off oven, with the door ajar, to fully dry out.
- 6To serve, spread with cream. Top with bananas, strawberries and kiwi fruit and drizzle with passionfruit.
It is important to use clean bowls and beaters to achieve maximum egg-white volume. Use other fruit of choice. Drizzle with melted chocolate if you like.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tom yum fried rice with prawnsSep 16, 2019
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotSep 16, 2019
- Creamy chicken and pasta saladSep 16, 2019
- Vegetarian lasagne recipesSep 11, 2019
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeSep 11, 2019
- Jerk fish & slaw salad cupsSep 10, 2019
- Mixed berry and ricotta tartSep 10, 2019
- Chicken, burghul & pomegranate saladSep 09, 2019
- Fudgy choc-cherry biscuitsSep 06, 2019
- Flourless chocolate hazelnut cakeSep 06, 2019
- Potato bakeSep 06, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafSep 06, 2019
- Quiche LorraineSep 05, 2019