- 4 egg-whites
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300 millilitre carton cream, whipped
- 3 bananas, peeled, sliced
- 250 gram punnet strawberries, hulled, quartered
- 2 kiwi fruit, peeled, sliced
- 4 passionfruit, pulp
- 1Preheat oven to 150°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 2In a large, clean bowl, using an electric mixer, beat egg-whites until soft peaks form.
- 3Gradually add sugar, one tablespoon at a time, beating until sugar dissolves and foam is stiff, thick and glossy. Beat in cornflour, lemon juice and vanilla.
- 4Spoon mixture onto prepared tray to form a 20cm round, with a slight recess in the middle.
- 5Bake for 20 minutes. Reduce oven to 120°C, and bake for further 45 minutes. Allow to cool in turned off oven, with the door ajar, to fully dry out.
- 6To serve, spread with cream. Top with bananas, strawberries and kiwi fruit and drizzle with passionfruit.
It is important to use clean bowls and beaters to achieve maximum egg-white volume. Use other fruit of choice. Drizzle with melted chocolate if you like.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic Christmas trifleToday 6:13am
- 10 sweet festive favouritesToday 4:00am
- How to make honeycomb from scratchToday 12:29am
- Apple pieToday 12:29am
- TiramisuYesterday 10:00pm
- Fresh apricot jamYesterday 8:00pm
- PikeletsYesterday 5:00pm
- Vegetarian pasta recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Beef stroganoffYesterday 1:00pm
- 34 side dishes to complete your Christmas mealYesterday 1:00pm
- Green saladYesterday 1:00pm
- 10 brilliant blinis to share with friendsYesterday 1:00pm
- Sticky date puddingYesterday 1:00pm
- Panettone tiramisuYesterday 1:00pm
- Potato bakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Breakfast recipes for Christmas morningYesterday 1:00pm