- 24 gow gee wrappers
- 500 gram italian sausages, meat removed from casings
- 60 gram baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- finely grated parmesan, to serve
Creamy bacon sauce
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 rashers rindless bacon, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 300 millilitre tub thickened cream
Tortellini with creamy bacon sauce
- 1Working in 6 batches, lay out gow gee wrappers on a clean, dry surface. Spoon heaped teaspoons of sausage meat into centre of each wrapper. Brush edges with a little water. Fold, pressing into a semicircle and sealing edges. Then bring ends together, pressing to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and sausage meat.
- 2Bring a large saucepan of salted water to boil. In 2 batches, lower tortellini into water and stir once. Simmer for 4-5 minutes until cooked through. Drain and keep warm.
- 3Meanwhile, to make the sauce; in a frying pan, heat oil on high. Sauté bacon and onion for 3-4 minutes until onion is tender. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Gradually whisk in cream until smooth. Return to heat and cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- 4Toss cooked tortellini, spinach and thyme through hot sauce. Season to taste. Serve with finely grated parmesan.
Serve with crusty bread and salad leaves, if liked.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tom yum fried rice with prawnsSep 16, 2019
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotSep 16, 2019
- Creamy chicken and pasta saladSep 16, 2019
- Vegetarian lasagne recipesSep 11, 2019
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeSep 11, 2019
- Jerk fish & slaw salad cupsSep 10, 2019
- Mixed berry and ricotta tartSep 10, 2019
- Chicken, burghul & pomegranate saladSep 09, 2019
- Fudgy choc-cherry biscuitsSep 06, 2019
- Flourless chocolate hazelnut cakeSep 06, 2019
- Potato bakeSep 06, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafSep 06, 2019
- Quiche LorraineSep 05, 2019