Torta di mamma
- 280 gram packet sponge cake mix
- 1 cup (250ml) strong black coffee
- 1/3 cup (80ml) coffee liqueur
- 1/3 cup (80ml) brandy
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (75g) cornflour
- 1/2 cup (60g) custard powder
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 2 1/2 cup (625ml) milk
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) cream
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 30 gram butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 90 gram dark eating chocolate, melted
Torta di mamma
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced). Grease deep 22cm-round cake pan; line base with baking paper.
- 2Make sponge cake according to the directions on packet; pour mixture into pan. Bake about 35 minutes. Turn cake onto wire rack to cool.
- 3To make custard filling; combine cornflour, custard powder and sugar in medium saucepan. Gradually add combined milk, cream and extract; stir over low heat until mixture boils and thickens. Add butter; simmer, stirring, 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat; stir in egg yolk. Place custard in large bowl; cover with plastic wrap. Cool. Divide custard mixture between two bowls. Stir melted chocolate into one bowl. Leave remaining custard plain.
- 4Combine cold coffee, liqueur, brandy and sugar in small jug; mix well. Split cold cake into four layers. Place first layer on serving plate; brush well with coffee mixture.
- 5Spread half the plain custard over cake. Top custard with second layer of cake; brush with coffee mixture. Spread a third of the chocolate custard over cake. Place third layer of cake on top of custard; brush with coffee mixture then spread with remaining plain custard. Top with fourth layer of cake; brush with coffee mixture.
- 6Using a large spatula, spread remaining chocolate custard over top and side of cake; refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate fig panforteToday 1:18am
- Coconut sago puddingsToday 12:50am
- White christmas rocky roadToday 12:28am
- Coriander, lemon and chilli hummusToday 12:20am
- Thai green chicken curryYesterday 1:04am
- Coconut jam dropsNov 17, 2019
- Raspberry gelatoNov 17, 2019
- Rosé sangriaNov 17, 2019
- Bordelaise sauceNov 17, 2019
- Corned beef with mustard sauceNov 17, 2019
- The perfect potato chipNov 17, 2019
- Perfect potato saladNov 15, 2019
- 13 outstanding Christmas dessertsNov 14, 2019
- Banoffee pieNov 14, 2019
- Classic Christmas trifleNov 14, 2019
- 24 last-minute dinner recipes for entertainingNov 14, 2019