- 1/4 cup sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 long green chilis, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 4 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 800 gram canned chopped tomatoes
- 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 green apple, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1In a large saucepan, heat oil on medium. Add seeds, turmeric and cumin. Cook for 2 minutes until fragrant. Add onion, garlic, ginger and chilli. Cook for 2 minutes until onion begins to soften.
- 2Add tomatoes, vinegar, sugar, apple and salt. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 1 hour until the liquid has evaporated and the oil comes to the top.
- 3Store in the fridge, in sterilised jars for up to one month.
Sterilise jars by rinsing in water, arranging on oven trays and baking in a moderately slow oven for 10 minutes. Cool, covered with a clean teatowel.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Quick & easy minestroneToday 2:24am
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesToday 12:03am
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 1:10am
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 12:01am
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019
- Fabulous French recipesJul 13, 2019
- Slow cooker beef rendangJul 13, 2019