- nutty brown rice
- tangy cheese
- sesame seeds
- 500 gram (1 pound) packaged ready-steamed brown basmati rice
- 1/3 cup (50g) sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 cup (120g) finely grated parmesan
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 500 gram (1 pound) fresh ricotta
- 150 gram (4½ ounces) soft goat's cheese
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 400 gram (12½ ounces) mixed baby heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoon small fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Grease a 24cm (9½-inch) springform pan.
- 2Process rice, seeds and half the parmesan until rice is finely chopped. Add 1 egg and half the salt; process until mixture forms a coarse dough.
- 3Using damp hands, press rice dough over base and up the side of the pan, stopping 5mm (¼ inch) from the top.
- 4Bake crust 25 minutes or until golden and dry to the touch.
- 5Meanwhile, process ricotta, goat's cheese, milk, mustard and garlic with remaining parmesan, eggs and salt until smooth.
- 6Pour cheese mixture into warm rice crust. Reduce oven to 180ºC (160°C fan-forced); bake tart 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool 1 hour.
- 7Just before serving, arrange tomatoes and basil over top of tart; drizzle with oil and vinegar. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
Ready-steamed brown basmati rice is available in packets from the rice section of supermarkets. Use fresh ricotta, sold in wheels from delis and the deli section of supermarkets for the best taste and texture. If heirloom tomatoes are not available, use baby grape or cherry truss tomatoes. Nutty brown rice and sesame seeds replace flour to form a delicious crust for this tangy cheese and heirloom tomato tart. Perfect for coeliacs.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tamarind beef stir fry with kohlrabi saladYesterday 11:40pm
- Kohlrabi & sweet potato rosti with cashew dipYesterday 7:08am
- Delicious recipes to try in your Kmart pie makerYesterday 12:05am
- Beef curry with turmeric rice and coconut sambalJun 14, 2019
- Banana cake recipesJun 14, 2019
- Beef curry recipesJun 14, 2019
- Fabulous frittata recipesJun 13, 2019
- 10 perfect puff pastry recipesJun 12, 2019
- 10 easy risotto recipesJun 11, 2019
- Quiche LorraineJun 06, 2019
- Vegetarian nachosJun 06, 2019
- Quince recipesJun 06, 2019
- Fried rice recipesJun 06, 2019
- Roasted chickpeas & beansJun 05, 2019
- 14 cheeky chickpea recipesJun 05, 2019