- nutty brown rice
- tangy cheese
- sesame seeds
- 500 gram (1 pound) packaged ready-steamed brown basmati rice
- 1/3 cup (50g) sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 cup (120g) finely grated parmesan
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 500 gram (1 pound) fresh ricotta
- 150 gram (4½ ounces) soft goat's cheese
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 400 gram (12½ ounces) mixed baby heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoon small fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Grease a 24cm (9½-inch) springform pan.
- 2Process rice, seeds and half the parmesan until rice is finely chopped. Add 1 egg and half the salt; process until mixture forms a coarse dough.
- 3Using damp hands, press rice dough over base and up the side of the pan, stopping 5mm (¼ inch) from the top.
- 4Bake crust 25 minutes or until golden and dry to the touch.
- 5Meanwhile, process ricotta, goat's cheese, milk, mustard and garlic with remaining parmesan, eggs and salt until smooth.
- 6Pour cheese mixture into warm rice crust. Reduce oven to 180ºC (160°C fan-forced); bake tart 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool 1 hour.
- 7Just before serving, arrange tomatoes and basil over top of tart; drizzle with oil and vinegar. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
Ready-steamed brown basmati rice is available in packets from the rice section of supermarkets. Use fresh ricotta, sold in wheels from delis and the deli section of supermarkets for the best taste and texture. If heirloom tomatoes are not available, use baby grape or cherry truss tomatoes. Nutty brown rice and sesame seeds replace flour to form a delicious crust for this tangy cheese and heirloom tomato tart. Perfect for coeliacs.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Citrus almond twistYesterday 2:51am
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeYesterday 2:31am
- 10 quick and easy dessertsYesterday 2:02am
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019
- 25 magical mushroom recipesAug 07, 2019