- 1½ cups (375ml) thickened (heavy) cream
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1½ tablespoons brandy
- 30 grams butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 250 grams strawberries, sliced or halved if small
- 6 x 130g slices leftover fruit cake
- 50 grams butter, extra, at room temperature
- 1Beat cream, sugar and brandy in a small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- 2Melt butter and honey in a medium frying pan over medium heat until well combined. Add strawberries, stirring to coat in honey mixture. Remove from heat; cool for 5 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, spread both sides of cake slices with extra butter. Place cake slices in a heated sandwich press for 1 minute or until both sides are well toasted.
- 4Serve toasted cake with cream and honey strawberries.
Cream mixture can be prepared several hours ahead; keep covered in the fridge.If you don't have a sandwich press, you can place cake slices under a heated grill (broiler) or pan-fry until browned both sides and heated through. You can use cherries instead of strawberries, if you like.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 5 make-from-scratch desserts to share and impressYesterday 10:00pm
- Embrace eggplant with these 34 tasty recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Roasted cauliflower with miso glazeYesterday 6:35am
- Chocolate fig panforteYesterday 1:18am
- Christmas candy cane sliceYesterday 12:46am
- Christmas dinners that aren't Christmas hamDec 01, 2021
- 20 salad recipes to serve with Christmas lunchDec 01, 2021
- 34 quick and indulgent treats for ChristmasDec 01, 2021
- What you can cook in your air fryerNov 30, 2021
- 34 breakfast ideas for Christmas morningNov 30, 2021
- 27 sensational stone fruit desserts for summerNov 30, 2021
- Christmas tree shortbreadsNov 30, 2021
- Jam shortbread snowflakesNov 30, 2021
- Lemon chickenNov 30, 2021