- 1 cup (250ml) cream
- 200 gram dark eating chocolate, chopped finely
Tiramisu ice-cream box cake
- 1/3 cup (80ml) boiling water
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1/2 cup (125ml) coffee-flavoured liqueur
- 250 gram small sponge finger biscuits
- 1 litre (4 cups) coffee-flavoured ice-cream
- 1 litre (4 cups) vanilla bean ice-cream
- 10 dark chocolate ferrero rocher chocolates
- 10 ferrero rocher chocolates
- 10 raffaello chocolates
- ribbon, for decoration (optional)
- 275 gram white chocolate melts, melted
- 40 gram milk chocolate melts, melted
Tiramisu ice-cream box cake
- 1Make chocolate ganache: Bring cream to a boil in small saucepan; pour over chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl. Allow chocolate to melt a little; stir until smooth; refrigerate, stirring occasionally, until thick and spreadable.
- 2Line the base and sides of a deep 20cm square cake pan with 2 layers of foil, extending foil 10cm above sides.
- 3Combine the water and coffee granules in a small jug. Add liqueur; cool.
- 4Dip half the sponge fingers in coffee mixture, place in a single layer over the base of the prepared pan.
- 5Spread half the ganache over sponge fingers. Place scoops of slightly softened coffee-flavoured ice cream over the ganache; press firmly into pan with the back of a large spoon or palette knife.
- 6Repeat layers with remaining biscuits, coffee mixture, ganache and vanilla ice cream. Cover; freeze overnight or until firm.
- 7Make chocolate sides: Draw four 19.5cm x 9cm rectangles onto baking paper; place on board with markings facing downwards.
- 8Combine melted chocolates in medium bowl; mix well. Using a palette knife spread chocolate evenly over rectangles. When chocolate is almost set, trim edges with a sharp knife.
- 9Remove tiramisu from freezer; wipe over cake pan with a warm cloth. Gently remove tiramisu from cake pan, using extended foil; place on serving plate.
- 10Press chocolate sides onto tiramisu, ensuring the corners meet. Tie with decorative ribbon to secure chocolate sides. Decorate top with mlk and dark chocolate Ferrero Rochers and Raffaellos.
This dessert is best made a few days ahead. Chocolate sides can be made a day ahead and stored at room temperature in an airtight container. Assemble and decorate just before serving. Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic sconesYesterday 12:35am
- Rocky roadOct 22, 2020
- Our best homemade sausage rollsOct 22, 2020
- Beautiful buttermilk pancakesOct 22, 2020
- Chinese omelettesOct 22, 2020
- Sausage rollsOct 22, 2020
- Traditional shortbreadOct 22, 2020
- Strawberry & almond friand sliceOct 22, 2020
- Sticky glazed slow-roast pork neckOct 22, 2020
- Roast vegetable terrineOct 22, 2020
- Morning and afternoon tea recipesOct 22, 2020
- Fruit mince piesOct 22, 2020
- Roast pumpkin and couscous saladOct 22, 2020
- Lemon and sugar pancakesOct 22, 2020
- Roast pumpkin, spinach and feta saladOct 22, 2020
- Curried pasta saladOct 22, 2020