- 90 gram butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 50 gram dark eating chocolate, grated finely
- 250 gram mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup (40g) icing sugar
- 1 slice marsala
- 3/4 cup (180ml) thickened cream, whipped
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1/3 cup (80ml) boiling water
- 2 tablespoon marsala
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line 6-hole texas (¾ cup/180ml) or 12-hole standard (1/3 cup/80ml) muffin pan with paper cases.
- 2Beat butter, extract, sugar, eggs, flour and milk in small bowl with electric mixer on low speed until ingredients are just combined. Increase speed to medium, beat until mixture is changed to a paler colour. Divide mixture among cases; smooth surface.
- 3Bake large cakes about 25 minutes, small cakes about 20 minutes. Turn cakes onto wire rack to cool.
- 4To make mascarpone cream; combine mascarpone, sifted icing sugar and marsala in small bowl; fold in cream.
- 5To make coffee mixture; combine coffee, the water and marsala in small bowl; cool.
- 6Remove cases from cakes. Cut each cake horizontally into four. Brush both sides of cake slices with coffee mixture. Join cake slices with mascarpone cream.
- 7Spread tops of cakes with mascarpone cream; sprinkle with grated chocolate. Refrigerate for 3 hours before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- French toastOct 16, 2019
- Honey joysOct 16, 2019
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpOct 16, 2019
- Peanut butter cookiesOct 16, 2019
- Chicken curry recipesOct 16, 2019
- Ocean trout salad with edamame miso dressingOct 16, 2019
- Windsor shortbreadOct 16, 2019
- Coconut riceOct 16, 2019
- Best burger recipesOct 16, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsOct 16, 2019
- Sweet potato bubble and squeakOct 16, 2019
- Spiced apple filo coilOct 16, 2019
- Lemon curd cakeOct 16, 2019
- Butter chickenOct 15, 2019
- Vanilla sliceOct 15, 2019
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiOct 15, 2019