- 1/4 cup medium ground espresso coffee beans
- 1 cup (250ml) boiling water
- 2 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) marsala
- 250 gram sponge finger biscuits (savoiardi)
- 2 teaspoon powdered gelatine
- 2 tablespoon water, extra
- 300 millilitre thickened cream
- 125 gram cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (40g) icing sugar
- 250 gram mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoon marsala, extra
- 150 gram chocolate-coated coffee beans, chopped coarsely
- 1Grease a 24cm closed springform pan.
- 2Combine coffee and the water in a coffee plunger; stand 4 minutes before plunging. Combine coffee, caster sugar and marsala in a medium heatproof bowl; cool for 10 minutes.
- 3Place ⅓ cup of the coffee mixture in a small saucepan; simmer, uncovered, until mixture is reduced to about 1 tablespoon. Cool.
- 4Cut each biscuit into 7cm lengths; reserve end pieces. Dip flat side of biscuits, one at a time, in remaining coffee mixture; arrange biscuits, round-side out, around side of pan. Dip reserved biscuit ends in coffee mixture; place over base of pan.
- 5Add gelatine to the extra water in a small heatproof jug. Stand jug in a small saucepan of simmering water; stir until gelatine is dissolved. Cool.
- 6Whip cream until soft peaks form.
- 7Beat cream cheese and sifted icing sugar in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add mascarpone and the extra marsala; beat until mixture is combined. Stir in the gelatine mixture; fold in whipped cream.
- 8Spread filling into pan. Drizzle reduced coffee mixture over cheesecake, pull skewer backwards and forwards several times for a marbled effect. Refrigerate overnight.
- 9Serve cheesecake topped with chocolate-coated coffee beans.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Basic white breadYesterday 5:27am
- Tuna mornayYesterday 1:00am
- 27 delicious ways to use pesto in your recipesYesterday 12:03am
- Shepherd's pieMay 24, 2020
- Chicken noodle soupMay 24, 2020
- 27 brilliant ways to use barley in your recipesMay 24, 2020
- Lemonade sconesMay 24, 2020
- Pea and ham soupMay 24, 2020
- Cheesy smoked baked beans with pumpkinMay 22, 2020
- Lamb osso bucoMay 22, 2020
- 26 really good rhubarb recipesMay 22, 2020
- How to remove and eat pomegranate seedsMay 21, 2020
- Perfect pomegranate recipesMay 21, 2020
- Paprika chickenMay 21, 2020
- Vanilla cupcakesMay 21, 2020