- 125 gram (4 ounces) farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 green onions (scallions), chopped coarsely
- 3/4 cup (150g) drained char-grilled capsicum (bell pepper),chopped coarsely
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 8 drained cherry bocconcini cheese (85g)
- 100 gram (3 ounces) drained persian feta cheese
- 1/4 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup (40g) grated parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced).
- 2Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes less than the packet instructions indicate; drain.
- 3Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat; cook onion and capsicum, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Add garlic; cook, stirring, until fragrant. Add pasta; toss until well combined. Spread mixture evenly into a greased 24cm (9½-inch) round ovenproof pie dish. Top with bocconcini and crumbled feta. Tear any large basil leaves in half; press half of the basil leaves into the mixture.
- 4Whisk eggs in a large jug; season. Stir in parmesan. Pour egg mixture over pasta mixture; bake 20 minutes or until set and top is golden.
- 5Scatter with remaining basil leaves. Cut into wedges to serve.
Alternatively, the frittata can be made in a 24cm/9½-inch non-stick ovenproof frying pan, cooked, covered, over a medium-low heat for 12 minutes, then transferred to a hot grill (broiler) for 3 minutes or until browned lightly. You will need an ovenproof frying pan if it goes under the grill (or cover the handle with a few layers of foil to protect it from the heat). You can use other short pasta, such as macaroni or penne.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Piri piri chickenDec 02, 2021
- Embrace eggplant with these 34 tasty recipesDec 02, 2021
- Roasted cauliflower with miso glazeDec 02, 2021
- Chocolate fig panforteDec 02, 2021
- Christmas candy cane sliceDec 02, 2021
- Christmas dinners that aren't Christmas hamDec 01, 2021
- 20 salad recipes to serve with Christmas lunchDec 01, 2021
- 34 quick and indulgent treats for ChristmasDec 01, 2021
- What you can cook in your air fryerNov 30, 2021
- 34 breakfast ideas for Christmas morningNov 30, 2021
- 27 sensational stone fruit desserts for summerNov 30, 2021
- Christmas tree shortbreadsNov 30, 2021
- Jam shortbread snowflakesNov 30, 2021