- 1/3 cup (25g) quinoa flakes
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 1 small zucchini (90g), grated coarsely
- 1 small purple carrot (70g), grated coarsely
- 1 small red onion (100g), grated coarsely
- 400 gram minced (ground) free-range turkey or chicken
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small kumara (250g), cut into 1cm rounds
- 12 large_piece iceberg lettuce leaves, cut into 10cm rounds
- 1 large tomato (220g), sliced thinly
- 1 small red onion (100g), extra, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup (70g) tahini
- 2 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove small garlic, crushed
- 1To make green tahini; process ingredients until smooth; season to taste.
- 2Combine quinoa flakes and milk in a small bowl; stand for 10 minutes.
- 3Combine zucchini, carrot, onion, turkey, parsley and quinoa mixture in a medium bowl; season to taste using damp hands, shape turkey mixture into six 8cm patties; cover, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 4Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over low heat; cook kumara, turning, for 8 minutes or until tender.
- 5Heat remaining oil over medium heat; cook patties, for 4 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through.
- 6Top six lettuce rounds with patties, tomato, extra onion and kumara. drizzle with green tahini; top with remaining lettuce rounds. Serve immediately.
You will need about 1 or 2 iceberg lettuce, depending on their size. Carrots were originally purple, before the 17th century and the dutch bred an orange strain. Purple carrots boast beta-carotene and vitamin a, like their orange cousins and additionally carry the purple-coloured pigment, anthocyanin, an antioxidant said to act as an anti-inflammatory.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- The-night-before Christmas ice-cream cakeYesterday 11:50pm
- Lemon meringue sliceYesterday 1:00pm
- Hash brownsYesterday 1:00pm
- CassataYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make the perfect Christmas puddingYesterday 1:58am
- Julie Goodwin shares her chocolate trifle recipeNov 20, 2019
- Melting momentsNov 20, 2019
- Best ever Christmas fruit cake recipeNov 20, 2019
- Fresh apricot jamNov 20, 2019
- Super-moist rich fruit cakeNov 20, 2019
- Spiced Christmas biscuitsNov 20, 2019
- Moist Christmas cakeNov 20, 2019
- Brandy custardNov 20, 2019
- Classic trifleNov 20, 2019
- Curried prawnsNov 20, 2019