- 1/3 cup (25g) quinoa flakes
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 1 small zucchini (90g), grated coarsely
- 1 small purple carrot (70g), grated coarsely
- 1 small red onion (100g), grated coarsely
- 400 gram minced (ground) free-range turkey or chicken
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small kumara (250g), cut into 1cm rounds
- 12 large_piece iceberg lettuce leaves, cut into 10cm rounds
- 1 large tomato (220g), sliced thinly
- 1 small red onion (100g), extra, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup (70g) tahini
- 2 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove small garlic, crushed
- 1To make green tahini; process ingredients until smooth; season to taste.
- 2Combine quinoa flakes and milk in a small bowl; stand for 10 minutes.
- 3Combine zucchini, carrot, onion, turkey, parsley and quinoa mixture in a medium bowl; season to taste using damp hands, shape turkey mixture into six 8cm patties; cover, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 4Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over low heat; cook kumara, turning, for 8 minutes or until tender.
- 5Heat remaining oil over medium heat; cook patties, for 4 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through.
- 6Top six lettuce rounds with patties, tomato, extra onion and kumara. drizzle with green tahini; top with remaining lettuce rounds. Serve immediately.
You will need about 1 or 2 iceberg lettuce, depending on their size. Carrots were originally purple, before the 17th century and the dutch bred an orange strain. Purple carrots boast beta-carotene and vitamin a, like their orange cousins and additionally carry the purple-coloured pigment, anthocyanin, an antioxidant said to act as an anti-inflammatory.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate chip cookiesToday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawYesterday 2:00pm
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasYesterday 2:00pm
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichYesterday 2:00pm
- Potato and leek soupYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Miso noodle hotpotYesterday 2:00pm
- Mini chicken and leek piesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyYesterday 4:02am
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- 31 perfect pot pies for easy dinnersJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021