- 1/3 cup (25g) quinoa flakes
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 1 small zucchini (90g), grated coarsely
- 1 small purple carrot (70g), grated coarsely
- 1 small red onion (100g), grated coarsely
- 400 gram minced (ground) free-range turkey or chicken
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small kumara (250g), cut into 1cm rounds
- 12 large_piece iceberg lettuce leaves, cut into 10cm rounds
- 1 large tomato (220g), sliced thinly
- 1 small red onion (100g), extra, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup (70g) tahini
- 2 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove small garlic, crushed
- 1To make green tahini; process ingredients until smooth; season to taste.
- 2Combine quinoa flakes and milk in a small bowl; stand for 10 minutes.
- 3Combine zucchini, carrot, onion, turkey, parsley and quinoa mixture in a medium bowl; season to taste using damp hands, shape turkey mixture into six 8cm patties; cover, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 4Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over low heat; cook kumara, turning, for 8 minutes or until tender.
- 5Heat remaining oil over medium heat; cook patties, for 4 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through.
- 6Top six lettuce rounds with patties, tomato, extra onion and kumara. drizzle with green tahini; top with remaining lettuce rounds. Serve immediately.
You will need about 1 or 2 iceberg lettuce, depending on their size. Carrots were originally purple, before the 17th century and the dutch bred an orange strain. Purple carrots boast beta-carotene and vitamin a, like their orange cousins and additionally carry the purple-coloured pigment, anthocyanin, an antioxidant said to act as an anti-inflammatory.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- What you can cook in your air fryerNov 30, 2021
- Christmas tree shortbreadsNov 30, 2021
- Jam shortbread snowflakesNov 30, 2021
- Lemon chickenNov 30, 2021
- Lemon chicken rissolesNov 30, 2021
- No-bake Mars Bar sliceNov 30, 2021
- White choc-mint candy cane barkNov 30, 2021
- Chocolate and cherry bombe alaskaNov 29, 2021
- Four ways with stuffingNov 29, 2021
- Festive walnut shortbreadNov 29, 2021
- 20 salad recipes to serve with Christmas lunchNov 29, 2021
- Our best-ever chicken burgerNov 29, 2021