The good witch
- 2 x 340 gram packets buttercake mix
- 40 centimetre x 50cm prepared rectangular boards
- 1 black liquorice strap
- 4 liquorice allsorts
- 1 packet potato straws
- 2 pink fizzers
- 1 black liquorice twist
- 125 gram butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup (240 grams) icing sugar
- 2 tablespoon milk
- blue and purple colouring
The good witch
- 1Preheat oven to moderate. Grease and line 20cm x 30cm lamington pan. Make cake according to directions on packets, pour into pan; bake in moderate oven about 40 minutes. Stand cake in pan 5 minutes; turn onto wire rack to cool. Using serrated knife, level cake top.
- 2Turn cake cut-side down. Using paper pattern from pattern sheet, cut witch from cake. Place cake on prepared board, cut-side down; discard remaining cake.
- 3Make buttercream: In a small bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer until as white as possible; beat in sifted icing sugar and milk in two batches.
- 4Tint ½ cup butter cream with blue colouring. Tint remaining butter cream with purple colouring. Spread purple butter cream all over cake; spread blue butter cream over face and hands.
- 5Cut licorice strap into thin strips; position on cake for hat outline, tassel, dress and face. Cut stars out of liquorice allsorts; position on witch's dress. Position potato straws for hair and pink Fizzers for eyes.
- 6Cut liquorice twist in half; position on either side of witch. Position thin liquorice strips for bristles; wind thin licorice around join between bristles and broom handle.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Eggplant ma po tofuYesterday 1:20am
- Brilliant brownie recipesFeb 21, 2020
- Picnic food ideasFeb 21, 2020
- Healthy banana breadFeb 20, 2020
- Portuguese chickens with fig saladFeb 20, 2020
- Slow-cooked lamb shank pieFeb 20, 2020
- Caramel sliceFeb 19, 2020
- Barley, chicken and sesame slawFeb 19, 2020
- Linguine primavera & poached eggsFeb 19, 2020
- Fish and chipsFeb 19, 2020
- Spinach and ricotta cannelloniFeb 19, 2020
- Carrot cake with lemon cream cheese frostingFeb 19, 2020
- Turkish eggs (Shakshuka)Feb 19, 2020