Thai prawn burgers
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 coriander roots (cilantro), with 1cm stem attached
- 2 teaspoon coarsely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
- 2 fresh long red chillies, sliced thinly
- 8 uncooked, peeled small king prawns (shrimp) (100g), chopped finely
- 1 small potato (120g), coarsely grated
- 1 tablespoon rice bran oil
- 3 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 small_piece wholemeal bread rolls (85g), split in half crossways
- 4 medium_piece butter lettuce leaves
- 1/2 small_piece red onion (40g), sliced thinly
- 20 gram bean sprouts
- 1/2 lebanese cucumber (65g), cut into ribbons
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves
Thai prawn burgers
- 1Combine garlic, coriander root and stems, ginger, kaffir lime leaves and half the chilli in a mortar and pestle, pound until mixture forms a thick paste. Divide paste in half.
- 2Combine half of the paste with prawns and potato in a small bowl; using wet hands form mixture into two patties. Cover, refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- 3Add half the oil and 2 teaspoons of juice to the remaining paste in a small bowl. Cover, refrigerate until required.
- 4Heat remaining oil in a small non-stick frying pan over low heat; cook patties for 3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate; drizzle patties with remaining juice.
- 5Place bread rolls, cut-side down, in same pan for 1 minute or until warm.
- 6Toss lettuce, onion, sprouts, cucumber, coriander leaves and remaining chilli through reserved paste. Sandwich salad and patties between rolls.
Deseed the chillies if you prefer less heat. You can replace prawns with a 200g firm white fish fillet, such as basa, if you like.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic Christmas trifleToday 6:13am
- 24 last-minute dinner recipes for entertainingToday 12:13am
- Women's Weekly Vintage Edition: Chocolate chip cookiesYesterday 10:00pm
- White ChristmasYesterday 9:00pm
- How to make an easy gingerbread houseYesterday 8:00pm
- Meatloaf recipe - classicYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make a towering pavlova Christmas treeYesterday 1:00pm
- Caesar saladYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make basic sconesYesterday 1:00pm
- Curried sausagesYesterday 1:00pm
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 1:00pm
- 13 Christmas cookies recipesNov 12, 2019
- Summer puddingNov 12, 2019
- 10 recipes for a modern Australian ChristmasNov 10, 2019