Thai prawn burgers
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 coriander roots (cilantro), with 1cm stem attached
- 2 teaspoon coarsely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
- 2 fresh long red chillies, sliced thinly
- 8 uncooked, peeled small king prawns (shrimp) (100g), chopped finely
- 1 small potato (120g), coarsely grated
- 1 tablespoon rice bran oil
- 3 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 small_piece wholemeal bread rolls (85g), split in half crossways
- 4 medium_piece butter lettuce leaves
- 1/2 small_piece red onion (40g), sliced thinly
- 20 gram bean sprouts
- 1/2 lebanese cucumber (65g), cut into ribbons
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves
Thai prawn burgers
- 1Combine garlic, coriander root and stems, ginger, kaffir lime leaves and half the chilli in a mortar and pestle, pound until mixture forms a thick paste. Divide paste in half.
- 2Combine half of the paste with prawns and potato in a small bowl; using wet hands form mixture into two patties. Cover, refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- 3Add half the oil and 2 teaspoons of juice to the remaining paste in a small bowl. Cover, refrigerate until required.
- 4Heat remaining oil in a small non-stick frying pan over low heat; cook patties for 3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate; drizzle patties with remaining juice.
- 5Place bread rolls, cut-side down, in same pan for 1 minute or until warm.
- 6Toss lettuce, onion, sprouts, cucumber, coriander leaves and remaining chilli through reserved paste. Sandwich salad and patties between rolls.
Deseed the chillies if you prefer less heat. You can replace prawns with a 200g firm white fish fillet, such as basa, if you like.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy combination fried riceYesterday 3:00am
- Chocolate chip cookiesYesterday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesJun 20, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeJun 20, 2021
- Mini chicken and leek piesJun 20, 2021
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyJun 20, 2021
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021