- 250 gram white fish
- 100 gram surimi or prawn meat
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon thai green curry paste
- 1 spring onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 red cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1/2 capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sliced pink ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- oil for frying
- 1/4 cup plain flour for dusting
- 12 sliders
- 1In a food processor, combine the fish and surimi, then pulse until finely chopped. Add the egg, curry paste, spring onion, coriander, garlic, ginger and salt, blending to mix well. Chill until required.
- 2For the coleslaw, combine the finely sliced cabbage, carrot, capsicum, ginger and toss with the oil and sweet chilli.
- 3Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan. Shape the fish mixture into small patties using the flour for dusting. Cook the patties for 2-3 minutes each side until golden, puffed and thoroughly cooked.
- 4Cut the sliders in half and layer with the coleslaw and a fish pattie. Sandwich with the top bun and skewer to hold in place.
Sliders are really just mini burgers, but they make a perfect bite or two for parties and gatherings or little mouths. This Asian-inspired fish pattie is just delicious served with the crunchy sweet chilli slaw. The patties can be made in advance and warmed in a hot oven for a few minutes just before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Fish skewers with labne & chilli tomato saladOct 30, 2020
- Vegan mayonnaiseOct 30, 2020
- Smoky tomato & bacon frittersOct 30, 2020
- Japanese cabbage pancakesOct 30, 2020
- Vegetable & lentil pot piesOct 30, 2020
- Lemon drizzle cakeOct 30, 2020
- Luscious lemon cakeOct 30, 2020
- Blueberry muffinsOct 29, 2020
- Broccoli, mustard and cheddar hand piesOct 29, 2020
- Chocolate slab cakeOct 28, 2020
- Sensational spring dinnersOct 28, 2020
- Easy vanilla cupcakesOct 28, 2020
- Chicken & watercress pasta saladOct 28, 2020