- 2 lebanese cucumbers (260g)
- 1 large carrot (180g)
- 2 fresh long red chillies, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoon caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 tablespoon white vinegar
- 600 gram red fish fillets
- 2 tablespoon thai red curry paste
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 4 fresh kaffir lime leaves, sliced thinly
- 6 green beans, sliced thinly
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil
- 4 large bread rolls, split horizontally
- 1/3 cup (80ml) sweet chilli sauce
- 1Using a mandoline, V-slicer or wide vegetable peeler, thinly slice cucumber and carrot lengthways into long ribbons. Combine cucumber, carrot, chilli, sugar and vinegar in a medium bowl. Stand for 10 minutes or until vegetables have softened, turning every few minutes. Drain.
- 2Meanwhile, pulse fish, paste, fish sauce, lime leaves, beans, egg and half the coriander in a food processor for 1 minute or until smooth. Using oiled hands, shape mixture into four 12cm patties.
- 3Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook patties for 2 minutes each side or until cooked through. Drain on paper towel.
- 4Add bread rolls, cut-side down, to same frying pan; cook for 1 minute or until lightly toasted.
- 5Sandwich rolls with fish burgers, sweet chilli sauce, pickled vegetables and remaining coriander.
Fish patties can be prepared several hours ahead; store, covered, in the fridge until ready to cook. To use kaffir lime leaves, fold a leaf in half and cut out the tough centre vein. Kaffir lime leaves will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for two weeks or can be frozen for up to 1 month. Use straight from the freezer.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy loaf cake recipes for morning teaYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best Asian-inspired vegetarian recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- RatatouilleYesterday 6:11am
- Healthy lunch ideas you'll actually be excited to eatYesterday 5:43am
- Easy cheesecake slicesAug 11, 2020
- Sugar-free recipesAug 11, 2020
- 20 traditional Australian recipesAug 11, 2020
- Dark and dreamy chocolate cakeAug 11, 2020
- Melting momentsAug 09, 2020
- Chai-roasted pumpkin soup with honey walnutsAug 09, 2020
- 20 Australian biscuits from our childhoodsAug 09, 2020
- Lemon curd and poppy seed crêpe cakeAug 09, 2020
- White sauceAug 09, 2020
- Yorkshire puddings with gravyAug 09, 2020
- Easy capsicum recipesAug 09, 2020
- Beef stroganoffAug 09, 2020