- 2 lebanese cucumbers (260g)
- 1 large carrot (180g)
- 2 fresh long red chillies, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoon caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 tablespoon white vinegar
- 600 gram red fish fillets
- 2 tablespoon thai red curry paste
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 4 fresh kaffir lime leaves, sliced thinly
- 6 green beans, sliced thinly
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil
- 4 large bread rolls, split horizontally
- 1/3 cup (80ml) sweet chilli sauce
- 1Using a mandoline, V-slicer or wide vegetable peeler, thinly slice cucumber and carrot lengthways into long ribbons. Combine cucumber, carrot, chilli, sugar and vinegar in a medium bowl. Stand for 10 minutes or until vegetables have softened, turning every few minutes. Drain.
- 2Meanwhile, pulse fish, paste, fish sauce, lime leaves, beans, egg and half the coriander in a food processor for 1 minute or until smooth. Using oiled hands, shape mixture into four 12cm patties.
- 3Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook patties for 2 minutes each side or until cooked through. Drain on paper towel.
- 4Add bread rolls, cut-side down, to same frying pan; cook for 1 minute or until lightly toasted.
- 5Sandwich rolls with fish burgers, sweet chilli sauce, pickled vegetables and remaining coriander.
Fish patties can be prepared several hours ahead; store, covered, in the fridge until ready to cook. To use kaffir lime leaves, fold a leaf in half and cut out the tough centre vein. Kaffir lime leaves will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for two weeks or can be frozen for up to 1 month. Use straight from the freezer.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tom yum fried rice with prawnsSep 16, 2019
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotSep 16, 2019
- Creamy chicken and pasta saladSep 16, 2019
- Vegetarian lasagne recipesSep 11, 2019
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeSep 11, 2019
- Jerk fish & slaw salad cupsSep 10, 2019
- Mixed berry and ricotta tartSep 10, 2019
- Chicken, burghul & pomegranate saladSep 09, 2019
- Fudgy choc-cherry biscuitsSep 06, 2019
- Flourless chocolate hazelnut cakeSep 06, 2019
- Potato bakeSep 06, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafSep 06, 2019
- Quiche LorraineSep 05, 2019