- 2 lebanese cucumbers (260g)
- 1 large carrot (180g)
- 2 fresh long red chillies, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoon caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 tablespoon white vinegar
- 600 gram red fish fillets
- 2 tablespoon thai red curry paste
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 4 fresh kaffir lime leaves, sliced thinly
- 6 green beans, sliced thinly
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil
- 4 large bread rolls, split horizontally
- 1/3 cup (80ml) sweet chilli sauce
- 1Using a mandoline, V-slicer or wide vegetable peeler, thinly slice cucumber and carrot lengthways into long ribbons. Combine cucumber, carrot, chilli, sugar and vinegar in a medium bowl. Stand for 10 minutes or until vegetables have softened, turning every few minutes. Drain.
- 2Meanwhile, pulse fish, paste, fish sauce, lime leaves, beans, egg and half the coriander in a food processor for 1 minute or until smooth. Using oiled hands, shape mixture into four 12cm patties.
- 3Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook patties for 2 minutes each side or until cooked through. Drain on paper towel.
- 4Add bread rolls, cut-side down, to same frying pan; cook for 1 minute or until lightly toasted.
- 5Sandwich rolls with fish burgers, sweet chilli sauce, pickled vegetables and remaining coriander.
Fish patties can be prepared several hours ahead; store, covered, in the fridge until ready to cook. To use kaffir lime leaves, fold a leaf in half and cut out the tough centre vein. Kaffir lime leaves will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for two weeks or can be frozen for up to 1 month. Use straight from the freezer.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Lemon and meringue passionfruit messYesterday 4:46am
- Gluten-free strawberries and cream layer cakeYesterday 2:23am
- Easy apple pieOct 18, 2020
- Savoury minceOct 18, 2020
- Caramel tartsOct 18, 2020
- Delicious dessert recipesOct 18, 2020
- Shepherdless pieOct 18, 2020
- Sensational salmon pastasOct 18, 2020
- Blueberry and lemon delicious puddingOct 18, 2020
- Melting momentsOct 17, 2020
- Fresh apricot jamOct 17, 2020
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 17, 2020
- Sausage casseroleOct 17, 2020
- Blinis with smoked salmonOct 17, 2020
- Sensational spring and summer saladsOct 16, 2020