- 2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 24 scallops without roe (600g)
- 1 shallot (25g), chopped finely
- 2 centimetre piece fresh ginger (10g), grated
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon red curry paste
- 400 millilitre can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated palm sugar
- 1 fresh kaffir lime leaf, torn
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup loosely packed thai basil leaves
- 1/2 cup (40g) shaved fresh coconut
- 2 fresh long red chillies, shredded finely
- 1 green onion, sliced thinly
- 1Combine ingredients for herb salad in large bowl.
- 2Heat half the oil in medium frying pan; cook scallops, in batches, until browned.
- 3Heat remaining oil in same pan; cook shallot, ginger and garlic, stirring, until shallot softens. Add paste; cook, stirring, until fragrant. Add coconut milk, sauce, juice, sugar and lime leaf; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Add scallops; reheat gently.
- 4Divide scallops among serving plates, pour sauce around scallops; serve with salad.
You will need a small fresh coconut for this recipe. To open it, preheat oven to 240°C/ 220°C fan-forced. Pierce one of the eyes of the coconut with a sharp knife; place on oven tray. Roast 10 minutes or until cracks appear; remove from oven. When cool enough to handle, pull coconut apart. Use only the firm white flesh you find inside. Luscious, ripe mango works well with this recipe, too. Substitute half a thinly sliced small mango for the fresh coconut in the salad, if you like. Leftover coconut can be used for beef carpaccio with green papaya salad.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Seeded parmesan crispsJan 31, 2021
- Banana berry breakfast sorbetJan 30, 2021
- TiramisuYesterday 10:00pm
- Aromatic Vietnamese beef curryYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy chicken parmigianaYesterday 1:00pm
- Beef stroganoffYesterday 1:00pm
- 20 tantalising tiramisu recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Delicious chicken drumstick recipe ideasYesterday 1:00pm
- Nutella TiramisuYesterday 1:00pm
- Pad ThaiYesterday 1:00pm
- Boston baked beansYesterday 5:03am
- Dessert recipes starring fresh peachesYesterday 4:18am
- 25 pasta recipesYesterday 1:08am
- Homemade mint sauceYesterday 1:00am
- Our best cupcake recipesJan 26, 2021