- 2 teaspoons chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1.2 kg thick piece beef brisket
- ⅔ cup (190g) smoky barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup (125ml) beef stock
- 4 corn cobs (1.6kg), quartered
- 40 butter, softened
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander
- pinch chilli powder, extra
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 5 medium silverbeet leaves (325g), stalks removed, shredded finely (see tip)
- 2 medium carrots (240g), cut into matchsticks
- 4 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1Combine chilli, spices and sugar in a small bowl. Brush beef all over with 1 tablespoon of the sauce; sprinkle spice mixture all over beef to coat.
Silver beet slaw
- 2Heat oil in a 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker on sear (HIGH) setting. Cook beef for 3 minutes each side or until well browned. Add stock; cook, covered, on low, for 7 hours.
- 3Remove beef from cooker; rest, covered, for 10 minutes.
- 4Add remaining sauce to juices in cooker. Increase heat to reduce setting on medium; bring to the boil.
- 5Just before serving, make silver beet slaw. Whisk oil, vinegar and honey in a large jug to combine. Place remaining ingredients in a large bowl; drizzle with dressing, toss to combine. Season to taste.
- 6Boil, steam or microwave corn until tender; drain. Combine butter, garlic, coriander and extra chilli in a small bowl. Spread corn with butter mixture.
- 7Slice beef thinly; serve beef drizzled with sauce, accompanied with corn and slaw.
You need about half a bunch of silver beet (swiss chard) (approximately 3 cups of shredded) for this recipe.Accompany with steamed baby carrots and green beans or halved sugar snap peas.Suitable to freeze at the end of step 2.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Roast chicken with preserved lemonJun 23, 2022
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeJun 23, 2022
- Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauceJun 23, 2022
- Chilli beef with cornbread dumplingsJun 23, 2022
- Lamb shank shepherd's pieJun 23, 2022
- Lemon butter almond sliceJun 23, 2022
- Savoury minceJun 23, 2022
- Traditional minestroneJun 23, 2022
- Banana and cinnamon muffinsJun 23, 2022
- Crunchy low-gi barsJun 23, 2022
- 25 beautiful banana cakesJun 23, 2022
- Express pizza doughJun 23, 2022
- Ricotta gnocchi in fresh tomato sauceJun 23, 2022
- Beef and cheese pieJun 23, 2022
- Chocolate and raspberry tartsJun 23, 2022