- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- cooking oil spray
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoon mexican chilli powder
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 8 extra-lean chicken sausages with lime and spices
- 4 long multi-grain bread rolls, split
- 1 cup grated low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- fresh coriander, chopped, to serve
- 1Spray onion with oil. Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Add onion; cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until golden and soft.
- 2Reduce heat to moderate. Add capsicum and chilli powder; cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until capsicum is tender. Add sauce and l/4 cup water; cook for 2 minutes or until heated.
- 3Meanwhile, heat a frying pan over moderate heat. Add sausages; cook for 8 minutes or until browned and cooked.
- 4Divide sausages and capsicum mixture among rolls. Top with cheese, avocado and coriander. Serve.
Replace sausages with continental frankfurts, if preferred. To make Moroccan-style hotdogs, replace chilli powder with Moroccan spice mix and use Greek-style yogurt instead of avocado.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- French toastOct 16, 2019
- Honey joysOct 16, 2019
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpOct 16, 2019
- Peanut butter cookiesOct 16, 2019
- Chicken curry recipesOct 16, 2019
- Ocean trout salad with edamame miso dressingOct 16, 2019
- Windsor shortbreadOct 16, 2019
- Coconut riceOct 16, 2019
- Best burger recipesOct 16, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsOct 16, 2019
- Sweet potato bubble and squeakOct 16, 2019
- Spiced apple filo coilOct 16, 2019
- Lemon curd cakeOct 16, 2019
- Butter chickenOct 15, 2019
- Vanilla sliceOct 15, 2019
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiOct 15, 2019