- 500 grams chicken tenderloins
- ¼ cup (60ml) teriyaki marinade
- 1 baguette, cut into quarters
- 8 inner baby cos lettuce leaves, trimmed
- 1 large avocado, sliced thinly
- 2 lebanese cucumbers, sliced thinly into ribbons
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- 1 medium avocado (250g), choppe
- ¼ cup (75g) japanese mayonnaise
- 3 tsp white (shiro) miso
- 1Place chicken and teriyaki marinade in a medium bowl; mix to coat chicken well.
- 2Heat a grill plate (or grill pan) over medium heat; line with baking paper. Cook chicken for 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate; cover loosely with foil to keep warm, if serving straight away.
- 3Make miso avocado spread. Process ingredients in a food processor until smooth; season to taste.
- 4Meanwhile, split baguette pieces lengthways, without cutting all the way through. Spread bases with miso avocado spread; top with lettuce, avocado, chicken, cucumber and extra miso avocado spread. Drizzle with lemon juice; scatter with mint.
Swap it For a spicier version, use your favourite chilli sauce instead of the teriyaki marinade. Use your favourite mayonnaise instead of japanese mayonnaise in the miso avocado spread, if preferred. Alternatively, skip making the spread and use your favourite purchased aïoli or avocado dip. Prep it The chicken can be prepared to the end of step 2 up to 2 days in advance and refrigerated in an airtight container. Make the rolls the night before or in the morning. Add the avocado just before serving, if preferred.Take it Wrap rolls in baking paper tied with kitchen string, plastic wrap or foil, or pack in airtight containers. Transport in cooler bags. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021