- 4 uncooked large king prawns
- 500 gram beef eye fillet, thinly sliced
- 350 gram chicken breast fillet, skin on, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup (60 millilitres) japanese soy sauce
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 fresh small red thai chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 4 fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red capsicum, seeded and chopped
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 millilitres) japanese soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 centimetre piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1Shell and devein prawns, leaving tails intact. In a large bowl, combine prawns with beef, chicken, sauce, garlic and chilli; stand 15 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, make dipping sauce.
- 3Discard mushroom stems; cut a cross in the top of caps.
- 4On a heated oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue), cook ingredients, except green onions, in batches, until vegetables are just tender, prawns and beef are cooked as you like, and chicken is cooked through.
- 5Serve with green onion and individual bowls of dipping sauce.
- 6In medium saucepan, stir ingredients until sugar dissolves.
You could use rump or sirloin steak instead of the beef eye fillet.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Piri piri chickenDec 02, 2021
- Embrace eggplant with these 34 tasty recipesDec 02, 2021
- Roasted cauliflower with miso glazeDec 02, 2021
- Chocolate fig panforteDec 02, 2021
- Christmas candy cane sliceDec 02, 2021
- Christmas dinners that aren't Christmas hamDec 01, 2021
- 20 salad recipes to serve with Christmas lunchDec 01, 2021
- 34 quick and indulgent treats for ChristmasDec 01, 2021
- What you can cook in your air fryerNov 30, 2021
- 34 breakfast ideas for Christmas morningNov 30, 2021
- 27 sensational stone fruit desserts for summerNov 30, 2021
- Christmas tree shortbreadsNov 30, 2021
- Jam shortbread snowflakesNov 30, 2021