- 3 x 340g packets buttercake mix
- 38 centimetre x 47cm prepared rectangular board
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- brown colouring
- 22 smarties
- 2 dairy milk rounds
- 1 white marshmallow
- 1 black licourice strap
- 125 gram (4 ounces) butter
- 1 1/2 cup (240g) confectioner's sugar
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced); grease and line two 20cm x 30cm lamington pans. Make cakes according to directions on packets, divide mixture into prepared pans; bake about 35 minutes. Stand in pans 5 minutes; turn onto wire racks to cool. Using serrated knife, level cake tops so they are the same height.
- 2Turn cakes cut-side down. Place cakes side by side; using paper pattern from pattern sheet, cut out bear.
- 3Assemble cake pieces on prepared board, cut-side down, as shown.
- 4To make butter cream; beat butter until white as possible, gradually beat in half the sifted icing sugar then milk, then remaining icing sugar. Beat until smooth.
- 5Use a quarter of the butter cream for paws, face and tummy.
- 6Stir sifted cocoa powder into remaining butter cream, tint with brown colouring. Spread brown butter cream over cake; roughen with fork.
- 7Using a little of the butter cream, secure two blue Smarties onto the dairy milk rounds and position on face for eyes. Cut marshmallow in half, position on ears. Position a black Smartie for nose. Place Smarties on bear for bowtie, as shown.
- 8Cut licourice strap into thin strips, position on face for mouth and around bowtie.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Beef and mushroom stewApr 30, 2021
- Lentil and vegetable soupApr 30, 2021
- Ratatouille bake with cauliflower bechamelApr 30, 2021
- Chicken paprikashApr 30, 2021
- Cheesy eggplant and lentil bakeApr 30, 2021
- Cider-braised pork with applesApr 30, 2021
- Miso eggplant and noodle saladYesterday 10:00pm
- New York cheesecakeYesterday 5:00pm
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingYesterday 2:00pm
- 23 sweet and savoury hand piesYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- How to cook corned beef in a pressure cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- Orange, semolina and rhubarb cakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Arancini with tomato and balsamic sauceYesterday 2:00pm