- 1 tablespoon jasmine tea leaves
- 1/3 cup (75g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 4 cup (1l) boiling water
- 4 (720g) pears, peeled, halved, cored
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise
- 1Stir tea leaves, sugar and water in large heatproof jug until sugar dissolves. Stand 10 minutes. Strain, then discard leaves.
- 2Place pears, strained tea mixture and spices in medium saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat. Simmer uncovered for about 25 minutes or until pears are tender. Transfer pears to serving bowls. Boil syrup, uncovered, until reduced by half.
- 3Serve pears with syrup.
You will need about four jasmine tea bags to get 1 tablespoon of tea leaves.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Rosé sangriaYesterday 11:53pm
- ChurrosYesterday 2:00pm
- SangriaYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow-cooker silverbeet dhalYesterday 10:20am
- SpanakopitaYesterday 6:57am
- Lamb birriaYesterday 6:40am
- Sesame Turkish ring breadsYesterday 3:32am
- 42 brilliant brownie recipesYesterday 2:29am
- Chilli con carneYesterday 2:15am
- 30 easy vegetarian curry recipesYesterday 12:18am
- 23 easy bread recipesMay 18, 2022
- VichyssoiseMay 18, 2022
- Classic margaritaMay 18, 2022
- Air fryer potato gratinMay 18, 2022
- Romesco sauceMay 18, 2022