- 1/4 cup greek-style yoghurt, plus ½ cup extra
- 2 tablespoon tandoori paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 naan bread
- 12 lamb cutlets, trimmed
- 2 tablespoon chopped mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 60 gram bag baby spinach leaves
- 50 gram snow pea sprouts
- 250 gram cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 lebanese cucumber, chopped
- lime cheeks, to serve
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/4 cup water, chilled
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- vegetable oil for deep frying
Tandoori lamb with onion bhaji
- 1In a bowl combine yoghurt, paste and oil. Coat lamb in marinade. Cover and chill for 20 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, to make onion bhaji; sift flour and spices together into a bowl. Season. Whisk in eggs and enough water to make a thick batter. Mix in onion and carrot. In a large saucepan, heat oil on high until a little batter sizzles when added, 180°C. Drop spoonfuls of mixture into oil in 3 batches. Cook for 4-6 minutes each, turning, until golden. Drain.
- 3Meanwhile, preheat a chargrill pan on high. Grill naan bread for 1-2 minutes, turning, until grill marks appear. Set aside. Char-grill cutlets for 2-3 minutes each side until cooked to taste. Rest loosely covered with foil for 5 minutes.
- 4In a small bowl, combine extra yoghurt, mint and juice. Season to taste.
- 5In a large bowl, toss leaves, sprouts, tomatoes and cucumber. Serve cutlets with bhaji, torn naan, salad and lime cheeks.
Bhaji can be made with a mixture of onion, carrot and zucchini, or all onion.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate peanut butter slab cakeToday 5:19am
- Citrus almond twistAug 20, 2019
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeAug 20, 2019
- 10 quick and easy dessertsAug 20, 2019
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019