- 4 cup '00' flour
- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, approximately
- fine semolina or extra flour, for dusting
Zucchini, ricotta and mint sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 5 medium zucchini, grated
- 200 gram ricotta
- 1 cup chopped mint leaves
- 2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- mint leaves, extra to serve
- lemon zest, extra to serve
Tagliolini with zucchini, ricotta and mint
- 1Using the Smeg stand mixer fitted with the flat beater, mix flour, eggs, salt and olive oil until ingredients are well combined. Add water if needed – the dough should be firm.
- 2Replace the flat beater with the dough hook. Knead the dough for 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 3Divide dough into quarters; wrap three pieces in plastic. Shape one piece of dough into a rectangle narrower than the width of the pasta roller attachment.
- 4Insert the Smeg pasta roller in the attachment hub. Sprinkle the dough and pasta roller with a little extra flour to prevent sticking. Roll one piece of dough through the roller on 0 setting. Fold short sides of dough into the centre and roll through the roller twice to laminate the dough.
- 5Repeat changing width setting and rolling dough through once per setting until width setting 6. Sprinkle pasta sheets with a little semolina or flour. Repeat with remaining dough. Attach Tagliolini cutter to stand mixer attachment hub and cut pasta sheets, sprinkling with fine semolina or extra flour to avoid sticking.
- 6Heat olive oil in a large frying pan, add garlic and grated zucchini; stir for 2 minutes or until soft.
- 7Meanwhile, cook tagliolini in boiling salted water for 2 minutes or until just tender. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of cooking water. Return pasta to pan.
- 8Toss zucchini mixture, reserved cooking water, ricotta, chopped mint, lemon rind and juice through the hot pasta until just heated through. Season to taste and serve topped with pine nuts, a sprinkle of lemon zest and mint leaves.