Looking for more healthy breakfast ideas?
- 170 grams asparagus, trimmed
- 1 medium red capsicum 200g), cut into 1cm strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 750 grams kumara (orange sweet potato), peeled, grated coarsely
- 1 medium red onion (170g), sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 medium avocado (250g), chopped
- 100 grams marinated goat's fetta in olive oil, reserve 1 tablespoon of the oil
- kale sprouts, to serve
- 1Preheat a flat-based sandwich press on high. Toss asparagus and capsicum in half the olive oil; season. Place in sandwich press, close; cook for 5 minutes or until lightly grilled. Cut asparagus in half lengthways.
- 2Meanwhile, squeeze out excess moisture from kumara. Combine kumara, onion, flour, thyme and remaining olive oil in a medium bowl; season.
- 3Spoon ⅓ cup measures of kumara mixture, in two batches, on base plate of sandwich press. Close press to flatten; cook for 7 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- 4Serve rösti topped with asparagus, capsicum, avocado and crumbled fetta. Drizzle with reserved marinating oil and top with kale sprouts.
Rösti and vegetables can also be cooked in a non-stick frying pan.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 25, 2021
- Chocolate freckle sliceFeb 25, 2021
- Delicious desserts packed full of sultanasFeb 25, 2021
- White chocolate cracklesFeb 25, 2021
- 27 quick and tasty chicken stir-fry recipesFeb 24, 2021
- Vegan dulce de lecheFeb 24, 2021
- Kung pao chickenFeb 24, 2021
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpFeb 24, 2021
- Tom yum soupFeb 24, 2021
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021
- All of our best nachos recipesFeb 22, 2021
- 30 minced recipesFeb 22, 2021
- 20 baking ideas with cranberriesFeb 22, 2021
- Mini caramelised onion and prosciutto meatloavesFeb 22, 2021
- Basic omeletteFeb 22, 2021