Looking for more healthy breakfast ideas?
- 170 grams asparagus, trimmed
- 1 medium red capsicum 200g), cut into 1cm strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 750 grams kumara (orange sweet potato), peeled, grated coarsely
- 1 medium red onion (170g), sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 medium avocado (250g), chopped
- 100 grams marinated goat's fetta in olive oil, reserve 1 tablespoon of the oil
- kale sprouts, to serve
- 1Preheat a flat-based sandwich press on high. Toss asparagus and capsicum in half the olive oil; season. Place in sandwich press, close; cook for 5 minutes or until lightly grilled. Cut asparagus in half lengthways.
- 2Meanwhile, squeeze out excess moisture from kumara. Combine kumara, onion, flour, thyme and remaining olive oil in a medium bowl; season.
- 3Spoon ⅓ cup measures of kumara mixture, in two batches, on base plate of sandwich press. Close press to flatten; cook for 7 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- 4Serve rösti topped with asparagus, capsicum, avocado and crumbled fetta. Drizzle with reserved marinating oil and top with kale sprouts.
Rösti and vegetables can also be cooked in a non-stick frying pan.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Seeded parmesan crispsJan 31, 2021
- Banana berry breakfast sorbetJan 30, 2021
- Peanut brittle cannoliToday 4:38am
- Toasted nori chipsToday 3:30am
- Trail mixYesterday 1:00pm
- After-school snack ideas for hungry kidsYesterday 1:00pm
- Broccoli, mustard and cheddar hand piesYesterday 1:00pm
- Lemon meringue cupcakesYesterday 1:00pm
- Churros with chilli sugar & caramel sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Greek-style baked eggplantYesterday 1:00pm
- Cauliflower and seeds falafelsYesterday 1:00pm
- 24 healthy snacksYesterday 1:00pm
- Lime and basil shortbreadYesterday 1:00pm
- Roasted carrot hummusYesterday 1:00pm
- Firm ricottaJan 19, 2021