- 2 large orange sweet potatoes (1kg) (see tips)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 100 grams (3oz) pancetta, torn coarsely
- 60 grams (2oz) gorgonzola, crumbled
- 8 dried figs (120g) (see tips)
- 1 1/8 cups (135g) grated mozzarella
- 2/3 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F. Line two large oven trays with baking paper.
- 2Cut each sweet potato lengthways into four 1cm (½in) thick slices. Place sweet potato on trays, drizzle with oil; season. Roast for 25 minutes. Turn sweet potato over. Top with pancetta and gorgonzola. Cut figs horizontally into three slices. Divide fig and mozzarella between pizzas.
- 3Roast pizzas for a further 10 minutes or until golden. Sprinkle with basil and extra gorgonzola, if you like.
If you choose a short, wide sweet potato, it will be easier to cut. Leave the skin on when slicing the sweet potato. Gorgonzola is an Italian blue cheese with a soft crumbly texture; you can use your favourite soft cheese, if you prefer. You could use fresh figs when they are in season.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Crisp-skin barramundi with mandarin salsaToday 6:51am
- Mandarin marmaladeToday 6:41am
- Mandarin and chai soufflesToday 5:13am
- Mandarin and cardamom gluten-free muesliYesterday 8:00pm
- Mandarin and poppy seed friandsYesterday 5:00pm
- Jam dropsMay 15, 2019
- Cottage pieMay 15, 2019
- Slow cooker soup recipesMay 15, 2019
- Apple pieMay 14, 2019
- Cuban black bean soup in the slow cookerMay 14, 2019
- Slow cooker vegetable minestroneMay 14, 2019
- Slow-cooker ribollitaMay 14, 2019
- Slow-cooker borschtMay 14, 2019
- Ricotta recipes for a delicious dinnerMay 14, 2019
- Almond-crusted turkey parmigianaMay 08, 2019