- 2 large orange sweet potatoes (1kg) (see tips)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 100 grams (3oz) pancetta, torn coarsely
- 60 grams (2oz) gorgonzola, crumbled
- 8 dried figs (120g) (see tips)
- 1 1/8 cups (135g) grated mozzarella
- 2/3 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F. Line two large oven trays with baking paper.
- 2Cut each sweet potato lengthways into four 1cm (½in) thick slices. Place sweet potato on trays, drizzle with oil; season. Roast for 25 minutes. Turn sweet potato over. Top with pancetta and gorgonzola. Cut figs horizontally into three slices. Divide fig and mozzarella between pizzas.
- 3Roast pizzas for a further 10 minutes or until golden. Sprinkle with basil and extra gorgonzola, if you like.
If you choose a short, wide sweet potato, it will be easier to cut. Leave the skin on when slicing the sweet potato. Gorgonzola is an Italian blue cheese with a soft crumbly texture; you can use your favourite soft cheese, if you prefer. You could use fresh figs when they are in season.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut, tomato and lentil soupJan 20, 2022
- 30 sweet slice recipesJan 20, 2022
- Fresh tomato pizzettasJan 20, 2022
- Our best Italian recipesJan 19, 2022
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesJan 19, 2022
- Marbled cheesecake browniesJan 19, 2022
- Lemon chicken casseroleJan 19, 2022
- Lemon sliceJan 19, 2022
- Cinnamon doughnutsJan 19, 2022
- Chicken cacciatoreJan 19, 2022
- Chilli jamJan 19, 2022
- Garlic breadJan 19, 2022
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allJan 19, 2022