- 2 large orange sweet potatoes (1kg) (see tips)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 100 grams (3oz) pancetta, torn coarsely
- 60 grams (2oz) gorgonzola, crumbled
- 8 dried figs (120g) (see tips)
- 1 1/8 cups (135g) grated mozzarella
- 2/3 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F. Line two large oven trays with baking paper.
- 2Cut each sweet potato lengthways into four 1cm (½in) thick slices. Place sweet potato on trays, drizzle with oil; season. Roast for 25 minutes. Turn sweet potato over. Top with pancetta and gorgonzola. Cut figs horizontally into three slices. Divide fig and mozzarella between pizzas.
- 3Roast pizzas for a further 10 minutes or until golden. Sprinkle with basil and extra gorgonzola, if you like.
If you choose a short, wide sweet potato, it will be easier to cut. Leave the skin on when slicing the sweet potato. Gorgonzola is an Italian blue cheese with a soft crumbly texture; you can use your favourite soft cheese, if you prefer. You could use fresh figs when they are in season.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Quick & easy minestroneYesterday 2:24am
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesYesterday 12:03am
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesJul 18, 2019
- Ultimate greek saladJul 18, 2019
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019
- Fabulous French recipesJul 13, 2019
- Slow cooker beef rendangJul 13, 2019