- 2 large orange sweet potatoes (1kg) (see tips)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 100 grams (3oz) pancetta, torn coarsely
- 60 grams (2oz) gorgonzola, crumbled
- 8 dried figs (120g) (see tips)
- 1 1/8 cups (135g) grated mozzarella
- 2/3 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F. Line two large oven trays with baking paper.
- 2Cut each sweet potato lengthways into four 1cm (½in) thick slices. Place sweet potato on trays, drizzle with oil; season. Roast for 25 minutes. Turn sweet potato over. Top with pancetta and gorgonzola. Cut figs horizontally into three slices. Divide fig and mozzarella between pizzas.
- 3Roast pizzas for a further 10 minutes or until golden. Sprinkle with basil and extra gorgonzola, if you like.
If you choose a short, wide sweet potato, it will be easier to cut. Leave the skin on when slicing the sweet potato. Gorgonzola is an Italian blue cheese with a soft crumbly texture; you can use your favourite soft cheese, if you prefer. You could use fresh figs when they are in season.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Cream-free spaghetti carbonaraMar 14, 2019
- Goan fish curry with low-carb cauliflower riceMar 13, 2019
- Mega mushroom burgersMar 13, 2019
- Low-carb turkey and kale lasagneMar 13, 2019
- Spinach and ricotta-stuffed chicken parmigianaMar 11, 2019
- Fennel, lemon, pea & prawn risottoMar 11, 2019
- Sweet potato pizza with fig and pancettaMar 11, 2019
- Lamington popsMar 06, 2019
- Can you eat meat on Ash Wednesday?Mar 05, 2019
- Whole cauliflower with creme fraiche dressingMar 04, 2019
- Subscribe to Women's Weekly FOODMar 02, 2019
- Tomato cheesecakes with green olivesFeb 28, 2019
- Prawn and vegetable japanese hash brownsFeb 28, 2019
- Kale pizza with smoked salmon and avocadoFeb 28, 2019