- 1 kumara (400g)
- 1 white sweet potato (400g)
- 1 purple sweet potato (400g)
- 2 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 1Using vegetable peeler, slice vegetables into long, thin strips.
- 2Heat oil in wok; deep-fry kumara and sweet potato strips, in batches, until browned lightly and crisp. Drain on wire rack over absorbent- paper-lined tray.
- 3Combine salt, chilli and paprika in small bowl. Sprinkle hot crisps with chilli salt mixture.
Sweet potato (or kumara) come in a variety of colours and make a lovely, sweet crisp. The orange version has a slightly different composition to the other varieties and requires a little more frying, so do those separately.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Blackberry parfaitToday 12:43am
- Pork silverside roast with maple-roasted vegiesYesterday 11:15pm
- Quick & easy minestroneJul 19, 2019
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesJul 19, 2019
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesJul 18, 2019
- Ultimate greek saladJul 18, 2019
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019