- 1 kumara (400g)
- 1 white sweet potato (400g)
- 1 purple sweet potato (400g)
- 2 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 1Using vegetable peeler, slice vegetables into long, thin strips.
- 2Heat oil in wok; deep-fry kumara and sweet potato strips, in batches, until browned lightly and crisp. Drain on wire rack over absorbent- paper-lined tray.
- 3Combine salt, chilli and paprika in small bowl. Sprinkle hot crisps with chilli salt mixture.
Sweet potato (or kumara) come in a variety of colours and make a lovely, sweet crisp. The orange version has a slightly different composition to the other varieties and requires a little more frying, so do those separately.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauceMar 21, 2019
- Pommes AnnaMar 20, 2019
- Chocolate Easter frecklesMar 20, 2019
- Noughts and crosses chocolate chip easter bunsMar 20, 2019
- 7 creative ways to take damper to the next levelMar 19, 2019
- Easy hot cross bunsMar 18, 2019
- Cream-free spaghetti carbonaraMar 14, 2019
- Goan fish curry with low-carb cauliflower riceMar 13, 2019
- Low-carb turkey and kale lasagneMar 13, 2019
- Mega mushroom burgersMar 13, 2019
- Spinach and ricotta-stuffed chicken parmigianaMar 11, 2019
- Fennel, lemon, pea & prawn risottoMar 11, 2019
- Sweet potato pizza with fig and pancettaMar 11, 2019
- Chamomile honey cakeMar 07, 2019