- 1 kumara (400g)
- 1 white sweet potato (400g)
- 1 purple sweet potato (400g)
- 2 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 1Using vegetable peeler, slice vegetables into long, thin strips.
- 2Heat oil in wok; deep-fry kumara and sweet potato strips, in batches, until browned lightly and crisp. Drain on wire rack over absorbent- paper-lined tray.
- 3Combine salt, chilli and paprika in small bowl. Sprinkle hot crisps with chilli salt mixture.
Sweet potato (or kumara) come in a variety of colours and make a lovely, sweet crisp. The orange version has a slightly different composition to the other varieties and requires a little more frying, so do those separately.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Bread and butter picklesJan 14, 2019
- Scrambled tofu wrapsJan 14, 2019
- Vegan "shepherdless" pieJan 14, 2019
- Sashimi tuna poke bowlJan 14, 2019
- Apricot choc-chip muesli barsJan 10, 2019
- Prawn, kale, and chickpea tabboulehJan 10, 2019
- Classic carrot cake with cream cheese frostingJan 10, 2019
- Sweet potato brownies with espresso toppingJan 10, 2019
- Kale and quinoa frittataJan 10, 2019
- Sage & zucchini-wrapped haloumi saladJan 09, 2019
- Soft polenta with mushroom raguJan 09, 2019
- Spaghetti squash con quesoJan 09, 2019
- Mango cheesecake tart with palm sugar syrupJan 09, 2019