- 1 kumara (400g)
- 1 white sweet potato (400g)
- 1 purple sweet potato (400g)
- 2 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 1Using vegetable peeler, slice vegetables into long, thin strips.
- 2Heat oil in wok; deep-fry kumara and sweet potato strips, in batches, until browned lightly and crisp. Drain on wire rack over absorbent- paper-lined tray.
- 3Combine salt, chilli and paprika in small bowl. Sprinkle hot crisps with chilli salt mixture.
Sweet potato (or kumara) come in a variety of colours and make a lovely, sweet crisp. The orange version has a slightly different composition to the other varieties and requires a little more frying, so do those separately.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Basic white breadYesterday 5:27am
- Tuna mornayYesterday 1:00am
- 27 delicious ways to use pesto in your recipesYesterday 12:03am
- Shepherd's pieMay 24, 2020
- Chicken noodle soupMay 24, 2020
- 27 brilliant ways to use barley in your recipesMay 24, 2020
- Lemonade sconesMay 24, 2020
- Pea and ham soupMay 24, 2020
- Cheesy smoked baked beans with pumpkinMay 22, 2020
- Lamb osso bucoMay 22, 2020
- 26 really good rhubarb recipesMay 22, 2020
- How to remove and eat pomegranate seedsMay 21, 2020
- Perfect pomegranate recipesMay 21, 2020
- Paprika chickenMay 21, 2020
- Vanilla cupcakesMay 21, 2020