- 1 kumara (400g)
- 1 white sweet potato (400g)
- 1 purple sweet potato (400g)
- 2 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 1Using vegetable peeler, slice vegetables into long, thin strips.
- 2Heat oil in wok; deep-fry kumara and sweet potato strips, in batches, until browned lightly and crisp. Drain on wire rack over absorbent- paper-lined tray.
- 3Combine salt, chilli and paprika in small bowl. Sprinkle hot crisps with chilli salt mixture.
Sweet potato (or kumara) come in a variety of colours and make a lovely, sweet crisp. The orange version has a slightly different composition to the other varieties and requires a little more frying, so do those separately.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 46 creative ways with carrotsAug 11, 2022
- Mushroom soupAug 11, 2022
- Gluten free shortcrust pastryAug 10, 2022
- Gluten-free chocolate and almond biscuitsAug 10, 2022
- Air fryer potato gratinAug 10, 2022
- Gluten free cornflake and honey sconesAug 10, 2022
- Italian meatballsAug 10, 2022
- How to sterilise and seal glass jarsAug 10, 2022
- Cumquat ginger marmaladeAug 10, 2022
- 4-ingredient triple choc browniesAug 09, 2022
- 46 sweet slice recipesAug 09, 2022
- How to cook pastaAug 08, 2022
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaAug 08, 2022