- 3 (1.2kg) whole corn cobs
- 1 small_piece small red onion (100g)
- 1 kilogram spinach
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) self-raising flour cooking-oil spray
- 6 (390g) rindless bacon slices
- 250 gram cherry truss tomatoes
- 1Discard husk and silk from corn, cut kernels from cob. Peel and coarsely chop onion. Trim spinach, wash and drain leaves.
- 2Reserve 1 cup corn kernels. Process remaining corn, onion, eggs and parsley until coarsely chopped, transfer to large bowl. Stir in sifted flours and reserved corn kernels. Season.
- 3Preheat oven to 120°C (100°C fan forced).
- 4Spray large heated frying pan with cooking oil, cook bacon until crisp. Place on oven tray.
- 5Cook tomatoes in same heated pan until skins start to split, place on tray with bacon. Wipe out pan. Transfer tray to oven to keep warm.
- 6Spray same heated pan with cooking oil, working in batches, drop ¼ cup batter into pan for each fritter. Using spatula, spread batter into rounds, cook about 2 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer fritters to tray in oven to keep warm. Repeat to make 12 fritters, wiping out pan between batches.
- 7Cook spinach, in batches, in same heated pan until wilted. Drain off excess liquid, season.
- 8Serve fritters with spinach, bacon and tomatoes.
Made from fresh corn, these fritters, served with spinach, bacon and tomatoes, are also a great lunch dish or casual dinner. But for a late breakfast they can’t be beaten. For breakfast they should be cooked just before they’re served, but cold corn fritters are excellent picnic food, so make a few more than you need and keep them for later.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salad of roasted beetroot with goat's cheese and walnutsYesterday 2:00pm
- Iced vovosYesterday 2:00pm
- Salmon pattiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Picnic food ideasYesterday 1:58am
- Sri Lankan potato and pea curryYesterday 1:36am
- Japanese katsu chicken curryYesterday 1:24am
- Southern fried chickenSep 15, 2021
- 27 simple risottosSep 15, 2021
- 46 perfect pea recipesSep 15, 2021
- Karaage chicken with Sriracha mayonnaiseSep 15, 2021
- Marble cakeSep 15, 2021
- Fish fingers with mushy peasSep 15, 2021
- 24 amazing ways to use the humble onionSep 14, 2021
- 32 wonderful ways with cornSep 14, 2021
- Monte Carlo biscuitsSep 14, 2021