Sweet beef curry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500 gram blade steak, trimmed, cubed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon curry powder or paste
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 4 chat potatoes, quartered
- 1 apple, cored, chopped
- 1/4 cup sultanas
- 2 cup stock or water
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour, mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- chopped parsley, to serve
- pappadums, to serve
Sweet beef curry
- 1In a large saucepan, heat oil on high. Brown meat, 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Using same pan, reduce heat to medium and saute onion and garlic 2-3 minutes, until onion is tender. Stir in curry paste and cook 1 minute.
- 2Add vegetables and cook 1-2 minutes, stirring. Return meat to pan with apple and sultanas.
- 3Stir in stock, vinegar and sugar. Season to taste. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 1 hour, until meat is tender.
- 4Gradually add cornflour mixture. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly. Simmer 3 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with pappadums.
Substitute beef for lamb leg or mince, celery with frozen peas or green beans (add at the end of cooking time).
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 5 make-from-scratch desserts to share and impressYesterday 10:00pm
- Embrace eggplant with these 34 tasty recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Roasted cauliflower with miso glazeYesterday 6:35am
- Chocolate fig panforteYesterday 1:18am
- Christmas candy cane sliceYesterday 12:46am
- Christmas dinners that aren't Christmas hamDec 01, 2021
- 20 salad recipes to serve with Christmas lunchDec 01, 2021
- 34 quick and indulgent treats for ChristmasDec 01, 2021
- What you can cook in your air fryerNov 30, 2021
- 34 breakfast ideas for Christmas morningNov 30, 2021
- 27 sensational stone fruit desserts for summerNov 30, 2021
- Christmas tree shortbreadsNov 30, 2021
- Jam shortbread snowflakesNov 30, 2021
- Lemon chickenNov 30, 2021