- 8 lamb neck chops (1.4kg)
- 400 gram canned diced tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion (170g), sliced thinly
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup (250ml) beef stock
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup (75g) coarsely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 240 gram jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 teaspoon cornflour (cornstarch)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh baby basil leaves, extra
- 1Combine lamb, tomatoes, onion, garlic, stock, wine, vinegar, sun-dried tomatoes and herbs in a 5-litre (20-cup) slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low, about 8 hours.
- 2Discard thyme from cooker; stir in artichokes. Combine cornflour with the water in a small cup; stir into cooker. Cook, covered, on high, for 10 minutes or until thickened slightly. Season to taste.
- 3Serve stew sprinkled with extra basil.
Suitable to freeze at the end of step 1. We used red wine, but you can use white wine if you prefer. Goes perfectly with mashed potato or creamy polenta.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tom yum fried rice with prawnsSep 16, 2019
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotSep 16, 2019
- Creamy chicken and pasta saladSep 16, 2019
- Vegetarian lasagne recipesSep 11, 2019
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeSep 11, 2019
- Jerk fish & slaw salad cupsSep 10, 2019
- Mixed berry and ricotta tartSep 10, 2019
- Chicken, burghul & pomegranate saladSep 09, 2019
- Fudgy choc-cherry biscuitsSep 06, 2019
- Flourless chocolate hazelnut cakeSep 06, 2019
- Potato bakeSep 06, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafSep 06, 2019
- Quiche LorraineSep 05, 2019