- 8 lamb neck chops (1.4kg)
- 400 gram canned diced tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion (170g), sliced thinly
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup (250ml) beef stock
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup (75g) coarsely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 240 gram jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 teaspoon cornflour (cornstarch)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh baby basil leaves, extra
- 1Combine lamb, tomatoes, onion, garlic, stock, wine, vinegar, sun-dried tomatoes and herbs in a 5-litre (20-cup) slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low, about 8 hours.
- 2Discard thyme from cooker; stir in artichokes. Combine cornflour with the water in a small cup; stir into cooker. Cook, covered, on high, for 10 minutes or until thickened slightly. Season to taste.
- 3Serve stew sprinkled with extra basil.
Suitable to freeze at the end of step 1. We used red wine, but you can use white wine if you prefer. Goes perfectly with mashed potato or creamy polenta.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 43 polenta recipes for dinner or dessertYesterday 5:51am
- Rhubarb and strawberry sponge puddingsJun 30, 2022
- 18 gorgeous green curriesJun 30, 2022
- What to make with your preserved lemonJun 30, 2022
- Nacho bowlsJun 30, 2022
- Preserved lemon, mint and raisin couscous saladJun 30, 2022
- Tomato-braised lamb shanks with creamy polentaJun 30, 2022
- What food is in season in July?Jun 30, 2022
- Choo-choo train birthday cakeJun 30, 2022
- Cheese and silverbeet borekJun 29, 2022
- Minestrone with barley and greensJun 29, 2022
- 42 perfect puddingsJun 29, 2022
- Tzatziki dipJun 29, 2022