- 1 1/2 tablespoon powdered gelatine
- 1/2 cup (125ml) cold water
- 2 2/3 cup (660ml) cranberry juice
- 8 (160g) sponge finger biscuits, halved lengthways
- 1 1/2 tablespoon orange-flavoured liqueur
- 500 gram strawberries, hulled, halved
- 4 ripe peaches, sliced
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 500 gram mascarpone
- 1 tablespoon orange-flavoured liqueur, extra
- 1Sprinkle gelatine over cold water in a small bowl; stand for 3 minutes. Microwave the gelatine mixture on medium (50%) for about 20 seconds or until dissolved. Combine warm gelatine mixture and juice in a large jug. Pour jelly into a large bowl. Refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours or until almost set.
- 2Meanwhile, to make mascapone mixture, beat the egg yolks, half the sugar and all the vanilla bean paste in a small bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy. Beat mascarpone and extra liqueur in a large bowl with a wooden spoon until well combined. Gently fold in egg yolk mixture. Beat egg whites and remaining sugar in a clean small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gently fold the egg white mixture into the mascarpone mixture.
- 3Spoon half the jelly into the base of a large trifle bowl. Brush the cut-side of the sponge fingers with liqueur; top jelly with half the sponge fingers, breaking up to fit the dish. Top with half the combined strawberries and peaches followed by half the mascarpone mixture. Repeat the layers, ending with the mascarpone mixture; reserve remaining peaches and strawberries. Cover the trifle with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for several hours or until firm.
- 4To serve, top with the remaining combined strawberries and peaches.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Super-simple chicken parmigianaAug 08, 2022
- Gluten free basic biscuitsAug 08, 2022
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaAug 08, 2022
- 13 delicious chicken drumstick ideasAug 08, 2022
- Veal braciole with rice and peasAug 08, 2022
- Beef mince and rice burritosAug 08, 2022
- Lemon deliciousAug 07, 2022
- Beef and lentil curryAug 07, 2022
- Gluten-free peanut butter cookiesAug 07, 2022
- Apple streusel sliceAug 07, 2022
- 22 cost effective meals using mince and riceAug 07, 2022
- Creative ways with celeriacAug 07, 2022
- Salsa verdeAug 06, 2022
- Popcorn butterscotch squaresAug 05, 2022