- 1 1/2 tablespoon powdered gelatine
- 1/2 cup (125ml) cold water
- 2 2/3 cup (660ml) cranberry juice
- 8 (160g) sponge finger biscuits, halved lengthways
- 1 1/2 tablespoon orange-flavoured liqueur
- 500 gram strawberries, hulled, halved
- 4 ripe peaches, sliced
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 500 gram mascarpone
- 1 tablespoon orange-flavoured liqueur, extra
- 1Sprinkle gelatine over cold water in a small bowl; stand for 3 minutes. Microwave the gelatine mixture on medium (50%) for about 20 seconds or until dissolved. Combine warm gelatine mixture and juice in a large jug. Pour jelly into a large bowl. Refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours or until almost set.
- 2Meanwhile, to make mascapone mixture, beat the egg yolks, half the sugar and all the vanilla bean paste in a small bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy. Beat mascarpone and extra liqueur in a large bowl with a wooden spoon until well combined. Gently fold in egg yolk mixture. Beat egg whites and remaining sugar in a clean small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gently fold the egg white mixture into the mascarpone mixture.
- 3Spoon half the jelly into the base of a large trifle bowl. Brush the cut-side of the sponge fingers with liqueur; top jelly with half the sponge fingers, breaking up to fit the dish. Top with half the combined strawberries and peaches followed by half the mascarpone mixture. Repeat the layers, ending with the mascarpone mixture; reserve remaining peaches and strawberries. Cover the trifle with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for several hours or until firm.
- 4To serve, top with the remaining combined strawberries and peaches.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021