- 1 1/2 tablespoon powdered gelatine
- 1/2 cup (125ml) cold water
- 2 2/3 cup (660ml) cranberry juice
- 8 (160g) sponge finger biscuits, halved lengthways
- 1 1/2 tablespoon orange-flavoured liqueur
- 500 gram strawberries, hulled, halved
- 4 ripe peaches, sliced
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 500 gram mascarpone
- 1 tablespoon orange-flavoured liqueur, extra
- 1Sprinkle gelatine over cold water in a small bowl; stand for 3 minutes. Microwave the gelatine mixture on medium (50%) for about 20 seconds or until dissolved. Combine warm gelatine mixture and juice in a large jug. Pour jelly into a large bowl. Refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours or until almost set.
- 2Meanwhile, to make mascapone mixture, beat the egg yolks, half the sugar and all the vanilla bean paste in a small bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy. Beat mascarpone and extra liqueur in a large bowl with a wooden spoon until well combined. Gently fold in egg yolk mixture. Beat egg whites and remaining sugar in a clean small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gently fold the egg white mixture into the mascarpone mixture.
- 3Spoon half the jelly into the base of a large trifle bowl. Brush the cut-side of the sponge fingers with liqueur; top jelly with half the sponge fingers, breaking up to fit the dish. Top with half the combined strawberries and peaches followed by half the mascarpone mixture. Repeat the layers, ending with the mascarpone mixture; reserve remaining peaches and strawberries. Cover the trifle with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for several hours or until firm.
- 4To serve, top with the remaining combined strawberries and peaches.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy combination fried riceYesterday 3:00am
- Chocolate chip cookiesYesterday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesJun 20, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeJun 20, 2021
- Mini chicken and leek piesJun 20, 2021
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyJun 20, 2021
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021