- 1 kg Pandoro
- 2 peaches, cut into small dice
- 2 nectarines, cut into small dice
- 6 eggs
- ⅓ cup (75g) caster sugar
- 1 orange, rind finely grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 400 ml cream
- 400 ml milk
- toasted shredded coconut, toasted almonds
- icing sugar, for dusting
- 1 litre ice cream, to serve
- 3 mangoes, peeled, flesh diced
- ¼ cup (55g) brown sugar
- 1 large lime, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1Pre-heat an oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Tear Pandoro into bite-sized pieces and place into a large ovenproof dish (12-14 cup capacity). Sprinkle over the peaches and nectarines.
- 2In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, rind and vanilla until combined. Gradually whisk in cream and milk. Ladle the egg mixture evenly over the Pandoro in the dish
- 3Bake for 30–35 minutes until the custard is just set.
- 4Meanwhile, in a small saucepan combine mango and sugar, cook, stirring over medium heat until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and add the lime rind. Blend with a stick blender until smooth; stir in lime juice.
- 5Just before serving, sprinkle over coconut and almonds and dust with icing sugar. Serve with Summer Trifle Ice Cream and the Mango Sauce.
Pandoro is a traditional Italian sweet bread. Similar to panettone in its sweet yeastiness, pandoro ("golden cake") is also known as a Christmastime treat.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Flourless orange & white chocolate cakeAug 13, 2020
- Lemon sand cakeAug 13, 2020
- Chocolate stout cakeAug 13, 2020
- Fruit spirals with white chocolate sauceAug 13, 2020
- Coconut & lemon curd cakeAug 13, 2020
- Delicious desserts with an easy biscuit crustAug 13, 2020
- Cherry, almond & brown butter cakeAug 13, 2020
- Chocolate, hazelnut & pear scrollsAug 13, 2020
- Easy loaf cake recipes for morning teaAug 12, 2020
- Our best Asian-inspired vegetarian recipesAug 12, 2020
- RatatouilleAug 12, 2020
- Sugar-free recipesAug 11, 2020
- Easy cheesecake slicesAug 11, 2020
- 20 traditional Australian recipesAug 11, 2020
- Dark and dreamy chocolate cakeAug 11, 2020