- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup fine oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon
- 30 gram butter
- 3/4 cup sultanas
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoon honey, extra honey to serve
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F. Grease a deep 19cm-square cake pan.
- 2Combine wholemeal self-raising flour, self-raising flour, oatmeal, cinnamon and grated lemon rind in a large bowl; rub in butter.
- 3Stir in sultanas, milk and honey until just smooth. Press dough into a 2cm-thickness on a floured surface. Cut 12 x 5.5cm rounds from dough; place in pan. Bake about 25 minutes.
- 4Serve scones warm with 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese and extra honey.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeToday 3:00am
- 40 cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- 20 of our tastiest savoury tartsYesterday 2:00pm
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingYesterday 2:00pm
- 40 warming sweet and savoury recipes for your pressure cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- Make these beef taco pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Make butter chicken roti pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Custard tartJul 22, 2021
- 20 beautiful bundt cakesJul 22, 2021
- How to make custard tarts in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make apple pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make Aussie meat pies in the pie makerJul 22, 2021