- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup fine oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon
- 30 gram butter
- 3/4 cup sultanas
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoon honey, extra honey to serve
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F. Grease a deep 19cm-square cake pan.
- 2Combine wholemeal self-raising flour, self-raising flour, oatmeal, cinnamon and grated lemon rind in a large bowl; rub in butter.
- 3Stir in sultanas, milk and honey until just smooth. Press dough into a 2cm-thickness on a floured surface. Cut 12 x 5.5cm rounds from dough; place in pan. Bake about 25 minutes.
- 4Serve scones warm with 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese and extra honey.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 46 creative ways with carrotsYesterday 2:00pm
- Mushroom soupYesterday 2:00pm
- Gluten free shortcrust pastryAug 10, 2022
- Gluten-free chocolate and almond biscuitsAug 10, 2022
- Air fryer potato gratinAug 10, 2022
- Gluten free cornflake and honey sconesAug 10, 2022
- Italian meatballsAug 10, 2022
- How to sterilise and seal glass jarsAug 10, 2022
- Cumquat ginger marmaladeAug 10, 2022
- 4-ingredient triple choc browniesAug 09, 2022
- 46 sweet slice recipesAug 09, 2022
- How to cook pastaAug 08, 2022
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaAug 08, 2022