Sugar-free rosemary, labne and orange tart
- 800 gram greek-style yoghurt
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 cup (500ml) clear no-added-sugar apple juice
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, extra
- 3 small oranges, sliced thinly
- 1 1/2 cup (225g) fine amaranth flour
- 2 tablespoon arrowroot starch
- pinch salt
- 1/3 cup (70g) virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup (125ml) iced water
Rosemary, labne and orange tart
- 1To make labne, line a medium sieve with muslin or a clean loosely-woven cotton cloth; place sieve over a large bowl. Spoon yoghurt into muslin, cover bowl and sieve with plastic wrap; refrigerate overnight.
- 2Make amaranth pastry: process flour, starch, salt and oil until combined. With the motor operating, gradually add the iced water in a thin steady stream until a dough forms. Flatten pastry into a disc, wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 3Grease an 11cm x 34cm rectangular loose-based fluted tart pan. Roll pastry between sheets of baking paper until 3mm thick. Lift pastry into pan, press into base and sides; trim excess pastry. Prick base all over with a fork. Cover, refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 4Preheat oven to 200°C.
- 5Place tart pan on an oven tray; line with baking paper, fill with dried beans or rice. Bake about 15 minutes. Remove paper and beans; bake a further 5 minutes or until browned lightly. Cool.
- 6Reduce oven to 140°C.
- 7Drain labne; whisk in a large bowl with eggs, honey, extract and rosemary. Spoon into cooled pastry case. Bake for 25 minutes or until just set. Cool to room temperature. Refrigerate until cold.
- 8Meanwhile, place juice and extra rosemary in a medium saucepan; bring to the boil over medium heat. Add orange to pan, reduce heat to low; simmer for 15 minutes or until tender; cool. Just before serving, drain orange slices and arrange over cooled tart.
Tart can be made a day ahead and stored in the fridge. Top with oranges just before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut, tomato and lentil soupJan 20, 2022
- 30 sweet slice recipesJan 20, 2022
- Fresh tomato pizzettasJan 20, 2022
- Our best Italian recipesJan 19, 2022
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesJan 19, 2022
- Marbled cheesecake browniesJan 19, 2022
- Lemon chicken casseroleJan 19, 2022
- Lemon sliceJan 19, 2022
- Cinnamon doughnutsJan 19, 2022
- Chicken cacciatoreJan 19, 2022
- Chilli jamJan 19, 2022
- Garlic breadJan 19, 2022
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allJan 19, 2022