- 1/3 cup sultanas
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup (185g) powdered stevia
- 1/4 cup (85g) rice malt syrup
- 2/3 cup (140g) virgin coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup (340g) firmly packed coarsely grated carrot
- 1/2 cup (60g) chopped pecans, roasted
- 1 2/3 cup (250g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
Date cream cheese frosting
- 125 gram dried pitted dates, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoon boiling water
- 250 gram cream cheese, softened
- 125 gram butter, softened
Sugar-free carrot cakes with date cream cheese frosting
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 6-hole (3/4-cup) texas muffin pan well.
- 2Place sultanas in a small heatproof bowl, pour over the boiling water; stand 10 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, whisk eggs, stevia, syrup, oil and extract in a small bowl with an electric mixer about 5 minutes. Transfer mixture to a large bowl; stir in carrot, sultanas and soaking liquid, then pecans and sifted dry ingredients. Divide mixture evenly into muffin pan holes.
- 4Bake for 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand in pan 5 minutes before turning, top-side up, onto a wire rack to cool.
- 5Meanwhile, make frosting: process dates and the boiling water until almost smooth, scraping down the side of the bowl. Add cream cheese and butter; process, scraping down the side of the bowl, until frosting is light and fluffy. Spread frosting over cakes.
You will need about 2 1/2 medium carrots to make 2 cups grated carrot.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Lamb shanksMay 26, 2022
- Ham and cheese croquettesMay 26, 2022
- Slow-cooked bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Basil, chickpea and vegetable stewMay 26, 2022
- 28 easy ways with bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Individual chocolate self-saucing puddingsMay 26, 2022
- Cauliflower parmigianaMay 26, 2022
- Classic lemon cheesecakeMay 26, 2022
- 30 fabulous fish curriesMay 26, 2022
- Red velvet cakeMay 26, 2022
- Mulled wineMay 26, 2022
- Silverbeet omelette with capsicum saladMay 26, 2022
- Spiced semolina and almond halvaMay 26, 2022
- 26 things you can make with a bottle of red wineMay 25, 2022
- Flourless orange & white chocolate cakeMay 25, 2022