- 2 eggplants
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cup bolognese sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 100 gram soft feta, crumbled
- 1/3 cup (25g) stale breadcrumbs
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F. Oil medium shallow baking dish.
- 2Meanwhile, cook eggplants in a large saucepan of boiling water for 6 minutes; drain. When cool enough to handle, halve lengthways.
- 3Using a small sharp knife, carefully remove flesh from eggplant halves, leaving a 1cm (½ inch) border; chop flesh finely.
- 4Heat oil in a large frying pan; cook eggplant flesh, stirring, until flesh is tender. Add bolognese sauce; cook, stirring, until hot. Remove from heat; stir in rind, juice and half the parsley. Season to taste.
- 5Place eggplant halves in dish; fill with beef mixture. Sprinkle with combined remaining parsley, feta and breadcrumbs. Bake, uncovered, for about 30 minutes or until eggplants are tender.
You can use ricotta cheese instead of the feta for a more authentic Italian taste if you prefer.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Christmas seafood recipes to impress your guestsToday 4:53am
- Sweet pea, cinnamon and orange cakeToday 1:48am
- Gluten-free Christmas cakesYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 Christmas desserts to end your feast on a highYesterday 1:00pm
- Apple pieNov 27, 2020
- Christmas dinners that aren't Christmas hamNov 26, 2020
- Lemon and poppyseed shortbreadNov 26, 2020
- Chocolate and cardamom shortbreadNov 26, 2020
- Super-moist rich fruit cakeNov 26, 2020
- Pumpkin pieNov 26, 2020
- ProfiterolesNov 26, 2020
- Latte shortbread starsNov 26, 2020
- Sensational summer dessertsNov 26, 2020
- Stunning smoked salmon recipesNov 26, 2020