Stuffed chicken wings
- 12 chicken wings (1.5kg)
- 500 gram chicken mince
- 2 green onions, chopped finely
- 2 centimetre piece fresh ginger (10g), chopped finely
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 fresh small red thai chilli, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoon cornflour, extra
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 1 cup (100g) packaged breadcrumbs vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 1/2 cup (110g) white sugar
- 2 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1 fresh small red thai chilli, chopped coarsely
Stuffed chicken wings
- 1Holding end of large third joint of wing, trim around bone with knife. Cut, scrape and push meat down to middle joint, without cutting skin. Twist bone; remove and discard bone. Repeat with remaining wings.
- 2Blend or process mince, onion, ginger, garlic, chilli and cornflour until combined. Using fingers, fill cavities of wings with mince mixture; secure ends with toothpicks.
- 3To make sweet chilli peanut sauce, stir sugar and the water in small saucepan over heat until sugar is dissolved; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes; cool. Stir in vinegar, peanuts and chilli.
- 4Toss wings in extra cornflour, shake away excess. Dip into egg then breadcrumbs.
- 5Heat oil in large saucepan; deep-fry wings, in batches, until well browned and cooked through. Drain on absorbent paper; remove toothpicks.
- 6Serve chicken wings with sauce.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Rhubarb and raspberry crostataToday 1:56am
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafToday 1:50am
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeYesterday 6:00pm
- Coq au vinYesterday 5:00pm
- Savoury mince pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasYesterday 2:00pm
- 26 really good rhubarb recipesYesterday 5:10am
- 18 beautiful baked salmon recipesJul 13, 2020
- 19 delicious dinners using turkey minceJul 13, 2020
- Traditional minestroneJul 13, 2020
- 19 homemade muesli bars and snack barsJul 13, 2020
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotJul 13, 2020
- Slow-cooker dessert recipesJul 13, 2020
- Fennel recipesJul 13, 2020
- Tuna mornayJul 13, 2020
- Homemade muesli barsJul 12, 2020