- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium_piece brown onion (150g), chopped finely
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup (280g) bottled passata
- 3/4 cup (150g) quinoa
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
- 400 gram canned brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 180 gram greek fetta cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup (50g) pitted black olives, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 5 medium_piece capsicums (1kg)
- 1Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat; cook onion and garlic, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add paste, passata, quinoa and stock; bring to the boil. Remove from heat. Stir in lentils, cheese, olives and herbs. Season to taste.
- 2Cut tops from each capsicum; reserve tops. Using a small spoon, scoop out the membranes and seeds. Trim bases level so that the capsicums stand upright in the slow cooker. Divide quinoa mixture among the capsicums; replace the tops.
- 3Place the capsicums into a 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker. Cook, covered, on high, for 3 hours.
Choose capsicums that are taller rather than wider, so they all fit into the slow cooker. Passata is sieved tomato puree; it is available from supermarkets. Quinoa, pronounced 'keen-wa', is the seed of a leafy plant similar to spinach. It has a delicate, slightly nutty taste and chewy texture. It is available from most supermarkets and health-food stores.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Slow-cooker dessert recipesYesterday 1:54am
- Christmas in July recipesYesterday 1:30am
- Sustainable chowderJul 09, 2020
- Sausage rollsJul 09, 2020
- Perfect puff pastry recipesJul 09, 2020
- Banana bread with passionfruit icingJul 09, 2020
- Delicious roast chicken dinnersJul 09, 2020
- Spaghetti marinaraJul 09, 2020
- Seafood chowderJul 09, 2020
- Cinnamon sugar palmiersJul 09, 2020
- Our best homemade sausage rollsJul 09, 2020
- Our best hummus recipesJul 09, 2020
- Cornflake cookiesJul 08, 2020
- Vegetarian moussakaJul 08, 2020