- 2 cup (500ml) coconut cream (see tips)
- 250 gram strawberries
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (280g) greek-style yoghurt
- 3/4 cup (210g) unhulled tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 250 gram strawberries, extra, sliced
- 1/4 cup (35g) pistachios, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/3 cup (65g) pomegranate seeds
- 1Pour coconut cream into a medium metal bowl; place in the freezer for 30 minutes or until chilled.
- 2Blend or process strawberries, 1 tablespoon of the honey and half the extract until smooth.
- 3Whisk coconut cream, yoghurt, tahini and remaining honey and extract until thickened slightly, then swirl through the strawberry mixture.
- 4Divide mixture among six 1-cup (250ml) serving glasses; cover, refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- 5Serve topped with sliced strawberries, pistachios, sesame and pomegranate seeds.
Use a brand of coconut cream that states it is 100% natural on the label. Coconut cream that has 'emulsifying agents' added (it will state this on the label) may cause the mousse to separate into creamy and watery layers. You can make the mousse a day ahead; store, covered, in the fridge. For vegan diets, substitute coconut milk yoghurt for the greek-style yoghurt.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 20 homemade muesli bars and snack barsToday 5:29am
- 25 pasta recipesToday 1:08am
- Garlic prawns with sourdough toastToday 12:23am
- Classic lamingtonsYesterday 8:00pm
- Slow-cooker mushroom risottoYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 salad recipes that are surprisingly excitingYesterday 1:00pm
- Thermomix Swedish meatballs with gravy and horseradish mashYesterday 1:00pm
- Beer-battered fish and chipsYesterday 1:00pm
- 17 sensational seafood stews and casserolesYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 healthy snacks to get you through the dayYesterday 1:00pm
- Thai beef saladYesterday 1:00pm
- 36 vegan dinners for the familyYesterday 1:00pm
- 23 fish cakes recipes for easy dinnersYesterday 1:00pm
- Healthy quinoa saladsYesterday 1:00pm