- 3 1/2 cup (525g) self-raising flour
- 150 gram white chocolate, cut into 5mm pieces
- 1 cup (250ml) chilled carbonated lemonade
- 1 cup pouring cream
- 150 gram strawberries, cut into 5mm pieces
- 1 tablespoon icing (confectioners') sugar
- 1 cup (320g) strawberry jam
- 3/4 cup (180ml) thick (double) cream
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C. Grease two oven trays; line with baking paper.
- 2Sift flour into a large bowl; stir in chocolate. Combine lemonade and pouring cream in a jug; pour evenly over the flour mixture. Using a knife, cut liquid through flour mixture until it starts to clump. Add strawberries; continue to combine until the mixture comes together forming a dough. (Don't over work the mixture or the dough will be tough.)
- 3Divide dough in half. Shape one half into an 18cm round on one tray with floured hands. Mark the round into six wedges, using the back of a floured knife. Repeat with the remaining dough and tray.
- 4Bake scone rounds for 25 minutes, swapping trays on shelves halfway through cooking time, or until tops are golden brown. Dust scones with sifted icing sugar; serve warm with jam and cream.
Many a scone maker has come undone when it comes to kneading and cutting out the dough, so baking the mixture as two large rounds saves time and angst. And also happens to look spectacular. Use a clear, carbonated lemonade for this recipe for a light-textured scone. Do-ahead scones are best made on the day you serve them.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Cider-braised pork with applesApr 30, 2021
- Lentil and vegetable soupApr 30, 2021
- Chicken paprikashApr 30, 2021
- Cheesy eggplant and lentil bakeApr 30, 2021
- Beef and mushroom stewApr 30, 2021
- Ratatouille bake with cauliflower bechamelApr 30, 2021
- Warming vegetarian stews and casserolesApr 16, 2021
- Potato recipesApr 16, 2021
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyApr 16, 2021
- Melting momentsApr 15, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeApr 15, 2021
- 26 easy beef stews and casserolesApr 15, 2021
- 19 of our tastiest savoury tartsApr 15, 2021
- Garlic and rosemary focacciaApr 15, 2021
- Salted caramelsApr 15, 2021